Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ps7777

Remote back button is going to RDIO channel

Roku remote's back button takes it to "install RDIO" channel. This is super annoying. The updown volume button is also misbehaving. Model of remote is RC35 and firmware version is 2.01.17.468. I am using this remote with the 3920X Roku premier. There is no RDIO channel on the remote, and I have not installed it before.

0 Kudos
37 REPLIES 37
GodsChild2

Back button takes me to add rdio channel

While watching a show if I hit the back button on remote  it takes me out of the program I am watching to roko add channel rdio.  crazy thing is the rdio channel has been shut down and is no longer available and yet I cannot get it to go away.  In addition I thought when you hit the back button it would take you back to where you could select different episodes or different seasons... Right? Please help me make this go away & why is the back button function suddenly so screwy? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Back button takes me to add rdio channel

Do you have a RDIO button on your remote?  Is it stuck?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tsully97

Roku keeps coming back to Rdio App

I have several Roku TVs in our home. As of last evening (29MAY2021) more than one of them has been geting stuck on the "Rdio" app.  It is trying to Add the Rdio channel but also tells me that "Rdio has shut down and is no longer available"

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Roku keeps coming back to Rdio App

Rdio shut its doors in December 2015 and sold some of its assets to Pandora.

Do you have an Rdio direct access button on one or more of your old Roku remotes?  Check to see if it is stuck in a depressed condition.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Backcrack
Channel Surfer

My TCL Roku TV is having the same annoying problem.  When trying to navigate, Rdio will randomly pop up with the same message as described.  If I remove the app, then it does the same thing, but with Vudu.  I don't have either app btw.

DBDukes

@Backcrack wrote:

My TCL Roku TV is having the same annoying problem.  When trying to navigate, Rdio will randomly pop up with the same message as described.  If I remove the app, then it does the same thing, but with Vudu.  I don't have either app btw.

Something is standing out here. You wrote "if I remove the app."

This indicates the app is installed. When does it reappear? Is a user on your account adding the app with the app code? Check https://my.roku.com/ and log in, then scroll to the bottom. Do you see any devices you don't recognize? Can you account for all the devices listed? If not, unlink the device. Also, consider changing your Roku password, if there are stray devices on your account.

Also, add a PIN to add apps or to make purchases. If a user is adding the app, this will halt that.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Clevergirl563
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. Neither rdio nor vudu are installed, but it keeps kicking me to the add channel page for those two apps every time I use the remote. Tried system reset, Factory update, software update. Customer support had no solution. Anyone find an answer?

DBDukes

When is this happening?

For example, is it after your exit a screen saver?

Do those buttons appear on the remote?

Do you see the apps try to install? Or do you not see them until after they have already been installed?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Clevergirl563
Reel Rookie

It happens when I am pressing any button on the remote. I can usually only get a few button presses in before it kicks me out to the rdio or vudu “add channel” screens. It is not limited to any particular app or time. Those buttons do not appear on the remote, and were never installed. 

I’m wondering if it’s a remote issue? 

0 Kudos