Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jco23
Level 7

BTN not streaming on Fox apps

BTN moved their streaming content to Fox Sports (also within FoxNow and FXNow) apps mid-August 2019.
They now only offer BTN+ paid subscriptions.
When launching the Fox apps, BTN is showing as an option under "TV Schedule".  When selecting BTN, the app shows the content fine (preview pass) WITHOUT signing in with my cable provider.  However, after signing in with my Verizon account (which includes BTN), I get "Error Code 403-PA1000 Your TV subscription allows you limited access to our content. The content you have selected is unavailable."  All other Fox channels (FS1, FX, etc.) stream just fine after signing in.
I contacted BTN, and they said to contact Fox.  I contacted Fox and they said to contact Verizon.  I contacted Verizon, and guess what, they said to contact BTN or Fox.

Curios to see if anyone else has this issue (or a similar one) or if this could be an issue with the Roku app?

thanks!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: BTN not streaming on Fox apps

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out about the issue that you are experiencing.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact FoxSports support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach FoxSports support here: https://help.fox.com/fox/s/support-form

It's also possible that your TV provider (or your specific plan with your provider) may not currently include access to this specific content in their licensing agreement. This is managed directly by each channel and TV provider directly. You'll need to contact them directly and ask them to specifically confirm both of those things, and/or ask if they offer an alternative plan that would make this content available to you. Although less likely, it's also possible that there may be a technical issue in their systems that is preventing this content from being made available when the channel is authorized with their service. This is also something the TV provider and the channel itself would need to investigate directly. 

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
thetick
Level 8

Please note third party post below is to address the original question asked as the issue is a known issue with Verizon FIOS TV and Fox Sports App (on any platform - Roku, PC, Android and iOS )

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32474063-Fox-Sports-streaming-app-excludes-BTN-on-FIOS
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS
0 Kudos
thetick
Level 8

Please note the issue was resolved yesterday afternoon as many including myself were able to stream BTN football games using our Verizon credentials.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jco23
Level 7

yes, the issue has been resolved about 2 weeks ago by Verizon.  thanks for the responses!

0 Kudos