Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathilliv
Level 7

BTN+ (big ten network plus) - low resolution

Picture on Roku's big ten network plus is about 240p.
Looks fine on computer, HORRIBLE on Roku.

[post moved to appropriate board and title updated]

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: BTN+ (big ten network plus) - terrible picture

Thanks for the note here. 

Have you contacted the channel provider directly to report the issue you are seeing and request additional support? Most channels (apps) on the Roku platform are built and maintained by the channel provider themselves. They would be the expert in helping investigate and resolve issues related to their channel. 

As far as your Roku device, we'd recommend the basic channel troubleshooting of removing the channel form the Roku Home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then, restart your Roku device from Settings>System>System restart. Once the device starts up again, add the channel back again and try streaming once more. 

If that still isn't doing the trick, we'd recommend restarting your wireless modem/router to help refresh your connection. This can often help resolve some playback issues. You might also follow up with your ISP to check your network settings or try making some adjustments to optimize your network performance, such as changing the wireless broadcast channel on your router. See more tips here: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
nathilliv
Level 7

Tanner,

I will try your suggestions, and appreciate the quick response.
Asking BigTen+ for help reminds me of an old country music song: "I might as well be talking to the wall"
Will let you know if your suggestions help, but I suspect you're right and this is all on their end.
They're not up to much over there!

Nat

0 Kudos
nathilliv
Level 7

No change, but that's what I expected.
BTN+ is technically challenged, to say the least.
At least it works OK on a computer, which is an improvement from the last time I subscribed.
Maybe when I subscribe again it will work OK on Roku.

0 Kudos