Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

BFI Player Classics (US version) has no Search function

Jump to solution

I signed up for a free trial of the BFI (British Film Institute) Player Classics channel. There appears to be no way to search for a movie except by scrolling through the various categories.

The options (*) button does nothing (nothing happens if you press it).

Unlike the regular Roku Channel, there is no Search icon or function in the list of movies.

I thought that a movie ("That Sinking Feeling") was available on the BFI channel, but eventually gave up looking (without a Search function). Now I see it's only available on the UK version of the BFI channel.

Anyway, you need to add a Search option.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: BFI Player Classics (US version) has no Search function

Jump to solution

@LarryFr 

Thanks for the note.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact BFI Player Classics support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@LarryFr 

Thanks for the note.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact BFI Player Classics support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Where might BFI Player Classics support be? All I can find is BFI Player Classics on the Roku site and a BFI Player site in the United Kingdom. 

If BFI Player Classics support exists, please provide the link. 

0 Kudos