Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffreybrian
Level 8

BET and BET plus not working on Roku tv for over a week

I've deleted and reinstalled the apps and they still won't load.  Please advise 

9 REPLIES 9\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: BET and BET plus not working on Roku tv for over a week

@Jeffreybrian-

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall process:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option. [Note: If you have subscribed to this channel through Roku, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe then if you like.) Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel. ]
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find "System restart" under Roku menu path Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System'. Without the restart to clear the memory you may not get a clean reinstall.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Jeffreybrian
Level 8

All of those issues have been tried multiple times and the apps will not load just a constant buffering. 

LuvCe
Level 7

I’m having the same issues. We’re you able to get yours working?

0 Kudos
Official_kriley
Level 7

It’s getting super annoying. I’ve tried uninstalling the app, restarting Roku and then adding it back…still will not work. I’ve tried those same steps and then updating the app and Roku, everything is up to date and it’s still not loading. I can log in on my phone but not my tv. 

Jeffreybrian
Level 8

Nope.  The programmers at BET are checking into it and will contact me once they identify and fix the issue. 

Jeffreybrian
Level 8

SUPER ANNOYING! The tech support at BET are working on the issue.  It's impossible to get in contact with anybody from Roku they make it impossible to get in contact with a live person for any issue that's not about payments. That's the most annoying part. 

Teehunnybee
Level 7

Mine hasn’t worked for several days now. I’ve tried everything, resetting, uninstalling. It does work on my phone but NOT my tv.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Teehunnybee

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions provided above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cf_winwin
Level 7

I got this directly from bet plus and it worked for me!

Make sure “Home” is selected from the home menu.
From the remote control press these buttons consecutively
Press Home 5 times
Press Up
Press Rewind 2 times
Press Fast Forward 2 times
It will take about 3-5 seconds to clear cache and restart

0 Kudos