Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

BBCi Player Not working after Roku update

So i woke up this morning and clicked on BBCi player as i do every morning to watch the news. There was no response and then after about 10 seconds the system rebooted. This repeated every time i tried to select the BBCi player.

I then checked other channels and they are all fine

I then made sure the system was updated and that's when i noticed that the latest system update occurred at 00:05 (midnight) to

Software version 9.3.0 

Build: 4170

Coincidence? I think not!

There seems to be no way to contact Roku who have no customer support and the BBCi player support is also about as good as Roku's, as they only have a webform service.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: BBCi Player Not working after Roku update

@brian1racing 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

No I tried this several times already. It's only started happening since the update was automatically installed overnight. I saw it had been installed at 00:05 5th June

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The exact same thing has happened to me, went to switch on news and won’t play system reboots and remote freezes. No answer on app or website and no contact number to call. Getting frustrated. Have three Roku sticks and the other two are fine. Help pkease

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

can this be fixed??  phone someone up andthey said i need to update to a fire tv as theri fire sticks are working fine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Does it mean our roku express is outdated? So frustrating that we can’t just speak to a customer advisor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Looks like it, shame really, although roku is a budget model.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Looks like fire tv still works

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

The BBC know about this and are investigating

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/bbc-iplayer/roku-loading

Highlighted
Level 7

Mine is still not working even nearly a week now, any body else still not working. Must be somebody to contact at Roku?

0 Kudos