Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

BBC iplayer not working again Roku 3 box (4230X) - any ideas?

BBC iplayer not working again - any ideas? I have a Roku 3 box (4230x), software version 9.3.0 - build 4194-04, BBC iplayer ver3.4, build 91000074. Everything seems up-to-date. Started with buffering, then the error msgs, and subtitles not working, now not working at all. All other UK channels such as ITV player work fine. Did one reinstall of Iplayer and it worked briefly but now zilch. I don't see my box listed on BBC site as supported? Any one have any ideas how to solve this?IS it a Roku or BBC issue?

Not crashing iplayer as such, just not working or pink circle all the time.

Thanks Zaza

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: BBC iplayer not working again Roku 3 box (4230X) - any ideas?

@RokuDanny-Rwas looking at this for me. My Roku 3 just crashes and reboots when I select iPlayer. Roku and iPlayer updated, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled. No issue with other channels. Danny said he would be assisting me, but closed the thread I'd posted on. Not sure what the plan is to assist me or others moving forward? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@LinzG @zazahector 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still having issues with the BBC iPlayer channel, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi Danny

Roku 3 4200
6225AC007865
9.3.0 Build 4194-04
only crashes and restarts on BBC iPlayer
Version 3.4 build 91000074
Tracker ID, after box crashes and reboots, ID 65-415-786
Next time did same ID 65-418-490

Thx

0 Kudos