Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianc2020
Streaming Star

Re: BBC iplayer fault code 02056

Pricehedgehog - it sounds a very familiar story. For the time being the 3810EU models are fixed by the iplayer update. - but it took over a month for anything to happen.

The iplayer update didnt need a factory reset etc, it just updated smoothly when the update was released, but like you I tried everything I could think of before hand.

If you can get a refund do it now.

Several others gave up waiting and bought Firesticks.

You can try contacting Roku and the BBC iplayer team but they just seem to blame each other!  Sorry

0 Kudos
Pricehedgehog
Binge Watcher

Thanks I will take a look at when I bought it

lst time I contacted iplayer support they were truely dreadful over a Samsung TV….which became unsuppprted

ended up buying a Sony

will log a support issue with iplayer as well!

0 Kudos
Greendave
Reel Rookie

FWIW I got in touch with both Roku and iPlayer support earlier and told them that they needed to work together to resolve this issue, which they seemed to do for the 3810EU (which is my stick). To me, it's the iPlayer update that broke it but I suspect the cause is a little more complicated. However it does seem to point to an inadequate testing protocol at iPlayer support.

0 Kudos
Pricehedgehog
Binge Watcher

Thank you most appreciated..it so annoying as Roku have no ability to be contacted, and they are selling the same device that doesn’t work on their we site!

0 Kudos
Vulcan195
Binge Watcher

I had an interesting experience with my new Fire TV 4K Max which might resonate with some people here.

When I first installed the Fire TV Max, it refused to play any of the UHD content on BBC iPlayer. It gave the familiar  02056 error. Interestingly, it played the UHD test loop fine. lol. It also played the HD content fine.

On day 2 it gave the 02056 error for the UHD test loop as well. 

On day 3, it threw the 02056 error for all content  

Today is day 4. Everything seems to be playing fine UHD, HD, UHD Test Loop.

Tomorrow is day 5. Wish me luck. Lol.

Vulcan195
Binge Watcher

I wanted to give some additional context to my previous post.

I have two Roku players.

3920X with 4193-95 firmware and iPlayer version ending in 38. It plays all content fine but will not connect to my 802.11ac WiFi, so speed is limited to 40Mbps. 

3941X with 4193-CR and iPlayer Version 32. App Store does not show the 38 version for iPlayer. Strange. It gives 02056 error for all iPlayer content. Basically useless. I was hoping it would work since you it can connect to 802.11ac and I can get 400Mbps. 

0 Kudos
KeepItSimple01
Reel Rookie

FYI Still not working on BBC iplayer - works on all the other apps/channels I use:

• 9102R - Roku Streambar
  • Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-95

With BBC iplayer

• Application Version:26.36.2.0
  • Beta Mode: Yes (also doesn't work with Beta Mode: No)
  • Build Identifier Tue Sep 20 2022 11:49:26 GMT+0100(BST)
  • Framework Version 12.1.0, Config Version: prebuilt-12.1.0
  • Device: ROKU STREAMER 2020 FRUITLAND 4K

Only just purchased this, my other Roku's work fine, about to give up and return it to Roku as faulty

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KeepItSimple01

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JbPGH2

Looking forward to the Day 5 intallment!

KeepItSimple01
Reel Rookie

I have already tried the following:

Removed iplayer channel.

Factory reset Roku & updated software (wouldn't let me proceed without an update)

Added iplayer back on the Roku.

Same 02056 error