Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greendave
Reel Rookie

Re: BBC iplayer fault code 02056

Checked iPlayer last night and looked for an update - which it found! iPlayer updated to version 91000039 and now works! The error is gone on iPlayer on my stick, which is a 3810EU. I haven't checked BBC Sounds but will. If it's still a problem on that then I'll let you know. I did nothing fancy when updating iPlayer - no Roku stick factory resets or system restarts, just looked for an app update for iPlayer and after it updated went into it and tried playing some content.

ianc2020
Streaming Star

Hi Greendave.  Thanks for the 'heads up' The iplayer update also worked on my 3810EU stick, as you suggested I went to the iplayer app on the home screen then I pressed the star key, then checked for updates. the update was very quick to load, iplayer worked as previously.

I guess we'll never know who fixed what, and why our sticks are different to the vast majority of streaming stick+  (this would be useful info to pass to the tech guys if it ever happens again).

who feels lucky for the next update ever working?

cwjsmith
Binge Watcher

Updated mine, it now works too !!!   althought I bought and have been using a firestick I am going back to the ROKU, (wife can use it better !)

Vulcan195
Binge Watcher

It updated from ~32 to ~38 my older 3920X (11.0 4193-91).

Did not update on my newer 3941X (11.0 4193-CR). In fact, Roku App Store still shows older ~32 version of iPlayer. 

Just took this pic  … https://imgur.com/a/lGjbNjk

App Store on older Roku shows newer ~38 version!

How nutty! Interestingly, App Store on newer Roku shows fresh version of Hoya App with Aug 8 2022 timestamp. But BBC iPlayer is still showing older version. Nuts. 

Anyone here with a Roku 3941X? The funny things is iPlayer detects this Roku as being 4K compliant and shows the UHD loop link under Settings. Except, throws a 02056 error when I play it … or anything else.

If you are wondering why I prefer to get BBC working on the 3941X … it connects to my 802.11ac network with 400Mbps bandwidth. So, UHD streams should be flawless …. once I get it to work. ☻︎ 

0 Kudos
Vulcan195
Binge Watcher

Which Roku?

For those who got it to work, can you please please post model number and complete firmware version (system->about). Thanks!

0 Kudos
cwjsmith
Binge Watcher

OK, mine is now working

3810EU- Roku streaming Stick+

software version 11.0.0 build 4193-50

BBC Iplayer version 1.0  build 91000039

Hope that helps

HectorG12
Binge Watcher

Mine also now working.

Same details as cwjsmith above.

Let's hope this doesn't happen again.

Acquisition of a new Firestick in the interim means 13 year old Sharp TV in the kitchen has now become 'smart' which is surprisingly useful. Wouldn't have considered doing that were it not for having a spare stick.

0 Kudos
roger_c
Channel Surfer

Hi Vulca195,  I am pleased to see that there is more success and to answer your question, mine is declared on screen as a 3920EU Premiere (3920UK on the box!); Software 11.0.0; Build 4193-91.

I was one of the early successes having been advised to do a factory reset.  Nothing has changed since then.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Daveren13
Binge Watcher

Both my 3810EU streaming stick+ are now playing Iplayer video 02056 error free

Here’s hoping this doesn’t happen with every Iplayer release…!

0 Kudos
Pricehedgehog
Binge Watcher

Same issue

Can’t get iPlayer on 3930EU

build 11.0.0 and 4193-EU

iplayer won’t update further than 32 

tried resetting, deleting, turning off router, resetting, deleting app, updating app, factory reset, every single time get error 02056 code

was working a few days earlier.

bought device earlier this year and same model exactly is on Roku website but not listed on BBC iPlayer supported devices

Frankly wasted an entire day on this !

0 Kudos