Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grimmels
Reel Rookie

Re: BBC iplayer fault code 02056

This also occurs on gb sticks. Reinstall fixed it yesterday and now I'm back to square one. Reinstall doesn't fix it now. 

0 Kudos
HectorG12
Binge Watcher

I sent an amended version of my earlier post, including the relevant serial numbers and deleting the bit about firesticks, to Roku Customer support, at 13.43 and was surprised to receive a reply at 18.21. Unsurprising, however, was the fact that it was a totally useless, largely generic reply that paid no heed whatsoever to the issue raised!

From Praseetha Thirumalaivasan:

Thank you for contacting Roku customer support. I understand that you are unable to access BBC Iplayer channel on one of your Roku device. 
Please be informed that, Roku is only an intermediate that delivers the channel content and it doesn't have any control over the channel content, subscription fee, authorization process and credentials, that is all completely maintained by channel provider. 
In this case, we recommend you to contact the BBC iplayer channel provider regarding this issue, they'll have more information and better insight into their service. Hence, they can suggest you a better solution.  
Thank you for choosing Roku. Take care and have a great day! 
Regards,
Prasee
Roku Customer Support

I replied:

Prasee, your email does not address any of the points and questions I raised. The error code 02056 on i-player is a problem many people have been having recently and is specific to some Roku devices despite their being certified as compatible by the BBC.

Perhaps you should read my message again. I look forward to your informed reply.

Regards

I won't be holding my breath! Perhaps it will be resolved by Roku/BBC soon, as other have suggested.

0 Kudos
HectorG12
Binge Watcher

Duplicate deleted.

0 Kudos
HectorG12
Binge Watcher

I messaged Roku Customer 'support' and unsurprisingly received a totally pointless reply which did not address any of the issues raised. I replied suggesting they might like to read my message again.

Tried to post it here but was autodeleted as spam for no identifiable reason.

Perhaps will be resolved by Roku/BBC soon.

0 Kudos
HectorG12
Binge Watcher

Duplicate deleted.

0 Kudos
HectorG12
Binge Watcher

Duplicate deleted.

0 Kudos
HectorG12
Binge Watcher

Duplicate deleted.

0 Kudos
Steve704
Streaming Star

Hi Grimmels,

As of today still no fix. I have informed BBC as they suggested this morning along with appropriate device details and awaiting their response, it some times takes a day. Watch this space

0 Kudos
Dougie1
Channel Surfer

Dear  Audience Member

Thanks for contacting us to report issues using BBC iPlayer on your Roku device.

We have spoken to Roku and we are hopeful that recent issues should be resolved by an update from Roku. This was rolled out gradually, but we believe it should now be complete.

Please check for updates on your device.

If you are experiencing further issues after this update, please get back to us with the model and whether you are using an imported device.

Thanks again for contacting us and we hope you can get back to enjoying content on BBC iPlayer soon. 

Kind Regards

BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds Support Team 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help
Daveren13
Binge Watcher

I'm still having the error and have reported it again to BBC. 

I note their faults pages have updated now to read:

Connected TV | Under investigation

*** Monday 11 July ***

We are aware of some reports of streaming issues on some Roku devices.

Roku released an update over the weekend which has resolved the problem for a number of users, however we're aware of some reports which indicate that the issue is on-going. We're continuing to investigate this with Roku. 

We will update this page with more information as soon as we have it. 

I've checked for updates and nothing is coming through...