Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bouncybrian
Binge Watcher

Re: 2022 Aug NEW BBC iPlayer loading problem

Jump to solution

I don't disagree with that at all, the changes they made generally to the UI and where programs are, and what is shown over what is not is awful.  If that were the case, it could be a iPlayer issue, and they need rokus support to understand where they are going wrong, however they will still have some sort of support agreement, and our first port of call would still be BBC support in order for them to get the ball running.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

And you’re accepting the word of BBC that it’s Roku working a fix. This wouldn’t be the first time a provider claimed the problem wasn’t their application. And I’m not being specific about Roku either. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Pricehedgehog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Nope…

I’ve just posted what the BBC said that’s all….

i’ve a new player coming

So I’ve sorted that one hopefully

0 Kudos
Vulcan195
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Pricehedgehog wrote:

i’ve a new player coming

So I’ve sorted that one hopefully

Hope is what keeps us in this ‘game’ of chase the carrot. Lol. 

Tode
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Once again (a few months after my original post) iPlayer has stopped working on my 4K Express HD player.  BBC support has confirmed that the 3940EU is not a supported model and they can't help me.  But this model is still on sale and widely advertised (for example by Argos) as working with iPlayer.  (I can't see the model number on their advert but from the pictures it's identical to mine.)  I think this is misleading advertising, and although my device is out of guaranteee by a few months I'm going to see if they will refund or replace.

However the lack of other posts on this topic rather indicates that most people's 4K Express HD devices are still working with iPlayer so I think it might be only mine.  And it didn't suddenly stop working.  First streaming kept having glitches, then the iPlayer app got slower and slower to load, and finally it won't load at all beyond the opening splash screen.  But other channels that I've tried have no problems at all.  Seems very odd to me, anyone got any ideas? It is definitely not an internet connection or power supply problem, those  have been thoroughly checked out.

0 Kudos
Daveren13
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Tode

My 3940EU from Argos last year is working just fine with iPlayer. 

I would suggest a full factory reset - every now and again it can't hurt and might kick it back into action.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
RAS2

Re: 2022 June NEW BBC iPlayer loading problem

Jump to solution

New Roku express installed but fails to load bbc iPlayer. Tries to start but crashes(blank screen) both the Roku and the iPlayer are up to date versions.

0 Kudos
RAS2

Jump to solution

New Roku express does not work with bbc iPlayer tries to connect but crashes (blank screen). Roku device and iPlayer are both just updated. Anyone help?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RAS2 wrote:

New Roku express installed but fails to load bbc iPlayer. Tries to start but crashes(blank screen) both the Roku and the iPlayer are up to date versions.

You did not state the model number of your Roku. BBC only supported a limited number of Roku players, and it does not work on Roku devices that were not sold within the UK itself, so something bought online from another location probably won't work. See this page for the supported Roku models. Unless I've overlooked it, I see no version of the Express listed there.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
TonyNotts

Jump to solution

Hi

my ROKU 2 has stopped receiving bbc iPlayer 

I have tried the fixes recommended- no result

is there anything I can do to resolve it ?

0 Kudos