Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
io1901
Binge Watcher

Re: 2022 Aug NEW BBC iPlayer loading problem

Jump to solution

@Pricehedgehog I've seen "real" support on here occasionally, but their do

@Pricehedgehog wrote:

I would agree 

shame Roku have no way of being contacted

not seem to work at weekends and are based in the US (CA) so don't appear until late afternoon UK time. I've found the "community" here mostly unhelpful, rude and combative.
0 Kudos
Pricehedgehog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yeah would agree with you totally…..

I've just done a request yesterday to iPlayer 

but have just got a refund from Amazon just now so will buy another Another off Roku direct!

unless anything else is better?  I need to look…..

I have five of these little  ‘uckers and can’t wait to check them all out to see if they don’t work also!

thanks for your help btw!

0 Kudos
Pricehedgehog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for contacting us to report issues with BBC iPlayer on your Roku device.

We are aware of this issue and are still in conversation with Roku about this. Please be assured that Roku is working on a fix. We will update our FAQ with any news:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/connected-tv/streaming-roku-issues

We are sorry this is taking time to resolve and thanks again for contacting us. 

0 Kudos
Vulcan195
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@io1901 wrote:

My ROKU Express 4K  3940EU, software version 11.0.0 build 4193-CR,   BBC iPlayer Version 1.0 build 91000032 works OK. (bought Roku Store Amazon). 

That’s so nuts. My 3941X has same Roku firmware (4193-CR) and same iPlayer version but it throws 02056 error for everything. So frustrating!

0 Kudos
Vulcan195
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Also, Fire TV 4K used to play UHD content flawlessly but BBC stopped support without providing any explanation. They now only support Fire TV 4K Max … but even that is hit or miss (see one of my previous posts)

0 Kudos
Vulcan195
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

A related question …

Fire TV 4K Max shows UHD Test Loop under Settings. 

Roku 3941X shows the same under Settings

Fire TV 4K does not

Apple TV 4K does not

Does the above suggests that iPlayer  handshake validates the player to see if its on its approved UHD compatible lists?

If yes, 3941X passes. Yet, it throws a 02056 error. 

0 Kudos
bouncybrian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Factually incorrect?  I think you will find what I said was 100% correct, Including all the stuff that I didn't say about UK consumer law, but you seem to suggest I did.  Would you go and cry to Samsung if the BBC iPlayer app stopped working on that, claiming they should fix it?   It was a much better use of the posters time to raise the issue with the BBC, and that's all I suggested they did.   

0 Kudos
Pricehedgehog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

“Roku are working on a fix” quote…BBC iPlayer this morning…

just saying……that’s Roku the people that made the player are working on a fix…..a bit like Samsung in your example…..

how funny eh?

don’t get angry now and post another irrelevant comment just accept that Roku are working on a fix….the people that made the player……

0 Kudos
bouncybrian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If it is a Roku issue, the people who built the channel were and still are the best people to determine were the issue lay, and to either resolve it themselves, or to escalate it to Roku. I stand by my comment. Regarding the poster who claimed I was rude, that's the second time you have been directly rude to me, not the other way around. Try to stay on topic, and not to be uncivilised.

0 Kudos
Vulcan195
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Pricehedgehog wrote:

don’t get angry now and post another irrelevant comment just accept that Roku are working on a fix….the people that made the player……

The fact that Netflix App, YouTube App, Amazon Prime App, Discovery Plus App etc don’t consistently have quirks that only effect certain Roku models tells me Roku’s underlying framework and APIs are consistent across their hardware platforms and the developers for these streaming apps are smart enough to learn how to develop Apps that work across Roku’s hardware ecosystem.

Why iPlayer struggles to consistently work in that ecosystem points to failure on the part of the … iPlayer App developers!

0 Kudos