Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

BBC iPlayer not loading

Roku Express 3900eu.

Since last weekend I am unable to run any BBC channels. They are installed and have been for a long time. However since last weekend iPlayer will not load. It gets to the loading screen and just sits there. It was working previous to this.

I have reset my router, deleted and reinstalled the channel Rebooted the Roku multiple times.. I really don’t want to factory reset the device. None of the three BBC channels load. They all do the same.

iPlayer works on other devices.

Any ideas?
81 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: BBC iPlayer not loading

I have the same problem just since the weekend.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Oh dear, I have exactly the same problem with BBC IPlayer also since the last w/e. I can get it on my phone but not through Roku on the tv. I’ve reinstalled it a couple of times but no difference. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Do you still experience the issue with @BBC channels (BBC iPlayer, BBC News, BBC Sport)?

I bought my  Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  a week ago. It worked fine for two days then iPlayer stopped. It attempts to load but fails with the following error:

IMG_4384.JPG

The two other @BBC channels I've tried produce a similar error. In contrast to what's stated in the message, it's a steady issue. 

I've done all sorts of combinations of reinstall, performed a factory reset, restarted router, etc.

iPlayer works absolutely fine through Wifi on my Samsung  Blu-ray player at the moment. But I bought the Roku stick because it's been announced that the model I have will not be capable of streaming content from this service after 6 December. 

Roku support is trying to pass the buck to the @BBC,  but I think it's not fair to tell their customers to chase the issue with them, when a channel features as prominently in their product marketing as the iPlayer.

Highlighted
Level 8

Having exactly the same issue here with a Streaming Stick + (3810EU) and iPlayer (version 3.4.9.0000065) was working fine but since a couple of weeks ago it only very occasionally loads. The past few days hasn't worked at all.

It stays on the loading screen for a while then you get the black screen saying problem loading (as shown by Fiftyseven above).

Tried  unplugging stick, restart, remove iPlayer and add again, software updates etc all to no avail. iPlayer working fine on other devices in the house. Anyone else still having these issues or got a fix?

iplayer.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had the problem with bbc IPlayer not loading for a while but when I tried again a week later I got a screen asking me to setup a new account which I did. All now works. By the way I also found that the bbc licenses certain Roku models but apparently not all of them. It depends on whether Roku has sent the bbc a product for testing and whether the bbc considers that the model maximises the viewing experience what ever that means.
Highlighted
Level 7

Ours fixed itself after a few days!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Regarding iplayer not loading, still having the issue here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Same here. Occasionally happens to work, but most of the time doesn't Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Fiftyseven 

Thanks for the note.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos