Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: BBCiplayer not working

Jump to solution

Hi Sarajane, thanks for that link. Hopefully they're on the case and will be working on a real fix! But right now I'm with you and have not found any success getting the Stick+ to play nicely with iPlayer as they currently sit. I checked it today and my last software updates were in mid-June so if they've pushed out something new, I am not yet accessing them. As for the factory reset, I've done those and they never help. The "on now" programmes on the Stick+ work fine, but the on-demand content crashes the Stick. Same as it has been. Nothing new to add to my previous posts other than same-old results on the Stick+, and Roku3 working perfectly.

Curious to know, are people mostly seeing this in the Stick+ or affecting other variants too? If yours is working, what model are you using? I will ditch the Stick+ straight away if that's the issue.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi MickZ

Sorry you are still having the same issues. It's good you have the Roku3 to use.

I can't believe how long these issues are taking to fix. Unless, it's because of the Corona crisis.

As you know, I have the Stick+

Iplayer was working on the odd occasion for a while but that has stopped again and it never works now. Strange.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have stick+ too. I can make it work by uninistalling BBC iplayer, restarting roku then reinstalling iplayer, but I have to do this each time. Updating iplayer worked once but no more. Pain to need to do this every day.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Anne, MickZ and everyone

That used to work for me Anne but a few months back, that solution no longer worked and the problem became permanent.

However, I have good news! Since replying to you MickZ, I tried launching iplayer again and it worked and not just once either! It launched, I then exited (as when it worked occasionally, upon exit, it would not work again) and tried to relaunch and it worked a second time!

Omg! Just tried a third time and the issue has returned Smiley Sad

Back to frustration!

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

My 3810-EU has been up to date on firmware and iPlayer versions and has not had an issue at all.

This post has changed from the original issue I posted about which was iPlayer returning an error message, but as an update on that one, the Roku wasn't happy with 5Ghz wireless when my router was behind the TV as well but fine on 2.4 GHz. I have now put in a separate wireless access point centrally in my house and the Roku is totally happy on 5Ghz with iPlayer, so I think the original issue was something to do with iPlayer being more picky about a high error rate on wireless than other apps on the Roku.

So the odd thing now is why is it still working for me when it has broken for so many other people?  The only thing I have done that others might not have done is enabled the beta features in iPlayer - but I would be surprised if would have helped. Thought I would share it just in case though!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sarahjane  my sympathies:     **********/!<>**********!

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi KE1

I think my issue is the same as the original. Mine says loading for a few minutes and then get error message (the one fiftyseven and others took a screen shot of on first page of this post). I have never had the crashing issue that most people post about now.

Great that you no longer have any issues. 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Anne Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: BBC iPlayer crashing

Jump to solution

BBC iPlayer was always clunky on my 4200x, now hBBC have issued a list of certified and supported streamers. The 4200x is not on it. My problem is my amp/splitter does not have HDMI so the new Roku models do not fit. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: BBC iPlayer crashing

Jump to solution

BBC gave an update yesterday (08/07) saying a software update has been rolled out. Not sure if i have it yet, but still not working and have done a hard reset. 

Using Roku 2 XS

0 Kudos