Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olliebean
Level 7

BBC iPlayer - no live pause or watch from start?

Up until a few days ago, pause was available when watching live TV via the BBC iPlayer app. Also, when starting to watch live, there was the option to watch from the start of the current programme. Now, the option to watch from the start has gone, and pause doesn't work. Anyone know why the iPlayer app has been downgraded in this way? Live pause and watch from start are still available on the iPlayer website and the Android app - it seems to be just the Roku that has lost them.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
2pints
Level 7

Re: BBC iPlayer - no live pause or watch from start?

Nice to see some more UK users on here, the Iplayer bug is known about and you can see more about it here https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/late ... ve-restart
what Roku model do you have?
0 Kudos
olliebean
Level 7

It's a Roku 2, model 4205-EU. I hope the issue is fixed soon - we use live pause quite often! I don't know why they can't just roll back to the previous working version of the app until it's fixed.
0 Kudos
2pints
Level 7

Issue also present on Roku Stick+
0 Kudos
yellowdog22
Level 7

From this page here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/latest-news/live-restart it seems they and Roku are aware of the issue. Hopefully, it'll be working soon. I've also noticed that since this happened streams take longer to get going.
0 Kudos
lisahart
Level 7

Previous week , I was facing same issues, but now it is fixed. 
0 Kudos
yellowdog22
Level 7

Well, it's not fixed for me! Actually, as of yesterday evening, it's worse. When I choose to play any stream the screen goes black and then the stream plays for a few seconds after which the sound continues but the image freezes. This goes on for a few minutes and then the spinning circle come on and then the usual error message.
0 Kudos
olliebean
Level 7

Not fixed for me, either. Streaming seems to be working fine, but the live pause and play from start features are still missing.

The page on the BBC website acknowledging the issue is still there, but it's moved: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/trou ... ve-restart. No sign of any progress there.
0 Kudos
heligo
Level 7

"yellowdog22" wrote:
Well, it's not fixed for me! Actually, as of yesterday evening, it's worse. When I choose to play any stream the screen goes black and then the stream plays for a few seconds after which the sound continues but the image freezes. This goes on for a few minutes and then the spinning circle come on and then the usual error message.

I'm seeing the exact same problem with BBC iPlayer on my Roku Streaming Stick+. No issues with my Roku 3 though.

Is this issue being looked into?
0 Kudos