Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

BBC iPlayer crashing

Is anyone still having an issue with the BBC iPlayer channel? The BBC website says that the issue was caused by a  Roku software upgrade & has been fixed, but I’m still have issues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/bbc-iplayer/roku-loading

26 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: BBC iPlayer crashing

Yes, driving me crazy, and nothing BBC or Roku say fixes it. On a Roku 3 4200

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Defo BBC issue as BBC News app also restarts the Roku

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

But swap exact same set up (wired connection, swap paired remotes) to Roku 2 (4205) and iPlayer now works... Clearly issue with Roku device+this (these) app(s) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Yes it's still crashing on my Roku 3 on the BBC iPlayer and the BBC News channels, I posted something here last night and have contacted the BBC, but both sides are silent on the matter, hope its not making my Roku 3 obsolete, the other thing I have also noticed is that the WiFi connection keeps dropping and needs to be reconnected, not sure if its disconnecting after it crashes. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Happening here too. All BBC channels cause a roku reboot.  Software is up to date (version 9.3.0 build 4170). Interestingly this is a Roku 3. I have a Roku Express in  another room and this is working fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi I have same problem Roku upgraded software 3.6.2020 now BBC player will not load all was fine prior to

upgrade ...have tried all reboots to net and system + tv  most annoying .

Highlighted
Level 8

Me too it’s certainly not fixed here. 
deleted,

restarted Roku,

reinstalled iplayer

its still unresponsive  - click iplayer = immediate black screen then Roku restarts  

ive tried this repeatedly over last 2 days

neil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

BBC page (June 5) now says they are investigating and will update this url. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/bbc-iplayer/roku-loading

hope this helps

just fur completeness I tried BBC sports and it said unable to update from network check connection. I deleted and reinstalled. Selected go to app and it crashed the Roku 

mines a Roku 3 4200X also. 

neil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

iplayer launch crashes roku. Tried reinstalling and updating and it still crashes. Is this going to be fixed or is it to do with the bbc switching off access to iplayer for older TV's? Its really annoying

0 Kudos