Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
51sqn
Level 7

BBC iPlayer & Roku - an observation !

I have looked through the numerous posts about Rokus no longer working with the BBC iPlayer App.

I myself have the same issue ( Roku 3900EU with OS 9.4 build 4176-51) and have only noticed this issue fairly recently. I've tried all the remedies, none of which work.

At the time of writing this post, my device is CERTIFIED to work with the BBC iPlayer.

Now, call me cynical, but I seem to note that all the posts on this forum are marked as "resolved" when

clearly the issue still persists for many users.

May I suggest a definite remedy to fellow Roku users : https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8133364

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Thermadore
Level 7

Re: BBC iPlayer & Roku - an observation !

Hi,

Exactly the same problem here! In contradiction to all the “resolved” threads, the issue continues.

I have a Roku Express 3900EU running 9.4.0 ( build 4176-51 ).

I have removed iPlayer by selecting * and remove channel, then rebooted the device and re-added the channel. Selecting the channel will cause my box to freeze for a couple of minutes before it finally reboots. 

I tried downloading the BBC Sounds channel and the BBC News channel. Both cause exactly the same system crash so there is clearly an issue with the BBC.

I own two Rokus and they both have the same problem and it’s been an ongoing issue since early this year. Is there any chance this might be properly resolved?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: BBC iPlayer & Roku - an observation !

@51sqn @Thermadore 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos