Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: BBC apps (iPlayer, News, Sport) Not Working

Jump to solution

@dogfish 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dogfish
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny.

I’ve tried that procedure several times and still BBC iPlayer does not work.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dogfish 

Thanks for the update.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information, we will be able to look further into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi, I have model 4200X and the iPlayer will download and allow me to select it. Once I do the roku freezes and restarts itself??

TIA

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Model - 4200X - ROKU 3 (UK)

serial num - 6225AR023505

software version - 9.4.0 build 4200-04

BBC IPLAYER version 3.4 build 93000075

when selected the ROKU freezes and restarts. 

0 Kudos
Applecore88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Experiencing the same issue. This originally cropped up for me in (I think) September last year. At the time I deleted the app and switched to accessing it on my PS4.

Have just tried reinstalling it on my Roku (3900EU, OS 9.4.0 build 4200-51) and once again the device froze and rebooted.

Bit miffed to see there’s still no update to this issue. What on earth am I paying my tv license for, grumble grumble.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Applecore88,

Thanks for the post.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lsapsford

Jump to solution

Hello Danny, I am having this same issue too and have been for weeks. I've been looking at other threads and everything you have suggested is not working. Here is the info you was asking for...

-Roku device model: 3900EU Roku Express
-serial number: YF005K389276 (E63825389276)
-device ID: E63825389276
-software OS/version: 9.4.0 build 4210-51
-BBC iplayer version 3.4 build 93000075

-tracker ID 76-184-109

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lsapsford

Thanks for the post.

Can you specify what troubleshooting steps you have already taken to try to resolve the issue?

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to BBC support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the BBC iPlayer channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DaveB-UK

Re: BBC apps iPlayer, Not Working

Jump to solution

Same issue as others, been going on for months.
Tried the remove app>restart>add app>restart several times and it still freezes and reboots.

Model 3900EU
Software version 9.4.0 build 4210-51

IPlayer Version 3.4 build 93000075

I don't really want to do the factory reset - any thoughts?

0 Kudos