Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: BBC apps iPlayer, Not Working

Jump to solution

@DaveB-UK

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post for further assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scifiscare

Re: BBC apps (iPlayer, News, Sport) Not Working

Jump to solution

3941X - Roku Express 4K+

software 10.0.1 build 4172-CR

BBC iPlayer Version 1.0 build 91000031

Everything seems fine with the channel except when I try to play anything I get error 02001.

I have done a factory reset, cache clear, app remove / restart / reinstall... same result.  Error 02001

iplayer works fine on web browser on a PC and other devices... but I need it to work on roku because it's the only way to watch 4k / uhd.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@scifiscare

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with a screenshot of the error message that you are receiving as well as providing the steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stellaglenn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi I have just purchased a Roku Express which the ads and the box clearly shows the bbc iplayer is available.

Whilst the app is preloaded I can not look at the content. I emailed the BBC and was informed that the iplayer is not certified for Roku Express.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Glenn

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Stellaglenn

Thanks for the post.

For a list of certified Roku players that can play the BBC channel, visit the provider's support page here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/supported-devices/roku-nowtv

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach BBC support here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Riceuten
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It was certified for use with it - I used it extensively. Seems the last "upgrade" has removed its functionality. I've just checked my model (3930EU)  on the BBC website and the software version (10.0.0 build 4209-AE) and theoretically it should work. But it does not. 

Utterly pointless to complain to the BBC (or to advise people to do so), as they will blame Roku. And Roku will say the app has nothing to do with them and will blame the BBC. We had the same palaver with Pluto TV as well, with the same suggested "solutions" and the same outcomes. 

0 Kudos
Stellaglenn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response.

I did email BBC iplayer and they did respond explaining that this device had not been certified hence why it does not allow the iplayer.

Since then I have taken the device back to Currys and obtained a full refund.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Riceuten
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That's just completely bizarre

a) I bought one about 2 years ago with BBC branding and it functioned up to last week

b) The list of functioning devices includes it (Roku Express is 3930EU and is included)

This just sounds like they are making it up. Why certify it and then decertify it?

0 Kudos
TraceyN

Jump to solution

How do I know what model I have? My BBC stopped working yesterday. 

0 Kudos
Riceuten
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It's normally on the box if you still have it, but if not, from the home page, go to 

"Settings"

Scroll down to "System"

Then to "About"

And the top line should give you your model 

Mine is working now (just checked). Sometimes you have to update the system manually, or do a reboot. Mine has conked out for weeks on end previously for BBC and Youtube, and then out of the blue, it works again. Go figure, as our US colleagues would say. 

0 Kudos