Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: BBC apps (iPlayer, News, Sport) Not Working

Jump to solution

@Paul8 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku LT is a much older device. It's possible that the channel providers no longer support that device. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
alanwhitesg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same issue on my Roku LT. The BBC iPlayer channel has not worked for me for over a month now. There just seems no way to get the channel to update to the latest version. I have raised a ticket with the BBC and they say they are working on it with Roku, but it's been a long time now. They haven't said the LT is unsupported.

kathym
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am in the same boat.  I cannot see why it should be taking both the BBC and Roku so long to work out the problem.   My Roku stopped accepted the IPlayer updates weeks ago now.  I must reactivate my complaint to the BBC.  Is deeply frustrating as the LT works fine with all the other playback channels.  We will just have to keep pressing them.  Kathy

0 Kudos
alanwhitesg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Today I received the reply below from the BBC. It's difficult to see how to escalate this. I suspect they want us to buy new streamers. I am reluctant to do this as there is just too much waste in the world. Come on Roku, BBC - get this sorted. Anyway here is the reply...

Hello Alan,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

There is no update on this issue and there is no time frame for when this will be fixed.

If you want to keep an eye out for the updates, then keep checking the problem page for this issue.

All the best,

Jonathan Philpott

0 Kudos
Paul8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The story so far for me is that Roku support reached out to me and if I had lived in the US they would have given me a discount code to upgrade. This facility is not available in the UK.

Generally Roku believe this is a problem with the BBC app and not them. I tend to agree with them given all the other UK apps that require sign in work on my LT.  Jonathon has had a reply from the BBC which says they know the problem exists but they are not going to do anything about it (my summary). Given the BBC's financial state I can sort of understand. What I cannot understand is why they don't just say outright that they are not going to support the LT or the same generation of NOW boxes any more. Maybe they have some contractual obligation to Sky over the NOW boxes that prevents them saying 'No - that's it' and Roku are sitting in the middle (or any combination of the three of them).

I think I am about to give up and make a change to my tv's. The LT is giving an old set a continued life - maybe time for a new one. 

0 Kudos
Paul8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The story so far for me is that Roku support reached out to me and if I had lived in the US they would have given me a discount code to upgrade. This facility is not available in the UK.

Generally Roku believe this is a problem with the BBC app and not them. I tend to agree with them given all the other UK apps that require sign in work on my LT. 

I am about to give up and upgrade the old TV the Roku LT is giving a new life to. I suspect there is some odd contractual issue between the BBC, Roku and Sky that prevents the BBC saying outright that they are not supporting these older devices any more.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that BBC iPlayer is only supported on Roku players that offer OS 9.3 or higher. Devices that are no longer supported include: 2400X, 3000X, 3050X, 3100X, 2450X, 2500X.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flame13xx

Jump to solution

Have a Roku Express running 9.3.  Regardless how many times I try to update iPlayer or Roku it still does not work. Restarting also no affect. Is there a solution ?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Flame13xx 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please make sure when removing the channel, that you restart your device before adding the channel back again.

Are you still experiencing the issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dogfish
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with a Roku 2720X box. Worked last time I used it about four weeks ago but now throws up 02001 errors message 'something went wrong loading this programme'. Live TV works fine but no playback of older programmes. System is updated with 9.3, have restarted etc, several times but no luck.  None of the suggested remedies seem to work.

0 Kudos