Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hattie_123
Reel Rookie

BBC apps (iPlayer, News, Sport) Not Working

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm sure it was working fine before today but my Roku won't let me watch any BBC apps. BBC iPlayer comes up with the error 02001 code saying:

"Something went wrong loading this programme."

I've tried everything from disconnecting and reconnecting the internet to uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

I've literally done everything everyone has suggested on the internet!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: BBC apps (iPlayer, News, Sport) Not Working

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that BBC iPlayer is only supported on Roku players that offer OS 9.3 or higher. Devices that are no longer supported include: 2400X, 3000X, 3050X, 3100X, 2450X, 2500X.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
43 REPLIES 43
JohnnyBlazeon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and from my research, it's supposed to be because BBC detected a VPN connection - EXCEPT I'm not on VPN. I'm connected to my Sky service directly and there's no VPN involved...

very very puzzled. It was definitely working yesterday. 

Leonuuk

Jump to solution

Same issue here.

We have 2 Roku's, both have this issue.

Our internet is via Vodafone - fibre to property. Totally UK based, and we do not use VPN.
Come on BBC!
I am about ready to cancel my TV License

JohnnyBlazeon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've just seen this on Twitter: 

https://twitter.com/BBCiPlayer/status/1276134326057553921

we're aware of the fault on Roku devices. Our iPlayer product team are working hard to fix it. Please keep an eye on this link for any updates: https://bbc.in/3g1V5Kt Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve it.

Tags (1)
Hattie_123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes ours is the same. Glad it's not just us!

0 Kudos
JohnnyBlazeon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've also just tested out whether a mobile hotspot with a different provider (BT) will solve the issue. Nope, the issue seems to affect every provider - so presently, BBC channels on Roku products all appear to be, well, buggered.  

PLewis

Jump to solution

There's an update which has just been issued which seems to fix things and is being rolled out....

If you find your iPlayer still has the issue you can apply this fix manually as follows:

Move to the iPlayer app so it's highlighted in the Roku Home screen.

Press the asterisk button on the Roku remote to display a BBC iPlayer menu and then find 'Check for Updates' and select this then click Ok.

The update should download and then click on 'Close'.

Open iPlayer and give things another try Smiley Happy

JohnnyBlazeon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks - think BBC's iplayer team has successfully issued their fix (when I tried the update step I was already on the latest version) - I didn't have to update mine but iplayer is working again on my Roku

kathym
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have done everything which has been suggested but I am still getting the error message 'something is wrong' ,  all the software is up to date... so whatever fix the BBC did to the software has not worked

what else can I do? 

do I just have to be patient?  has been going on for several days now.

Any suggestions welcome.  I really miss Iplayer.

0 Kudos
Paul8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still not working on my LT. Works fine on a Premier I bought a few weeks ago for another TV. I notice the iplayer app on the LT is a lower version (65 if I remember right) and does not require me to log on to the iplayer. No amount of uninstalling and rebooting will get the app to the same version as the Premier.

0 Kudos