Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

BBC activate on my computer doesn't complete

I have 2 Roku devices. I have Spectrum/Charter which canceled BBCA in my package. On either of my Roku devices the BBCA app give me a code with which to authorize. I open the bbcamerica.com/activate on any computer but the site never completes to the point of allowing my code entry.

Is the site being blocked by my Spectrum internet provider?

When a new phone arrives soon I'll have decent web access on the cell. Will the web site then be accessible on the cell to enter the code? If so, will the BBCA programs play on my Roku devices or still be blocked by Spectrum?

Thanks.

billj39

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: BBC activate on my computer doesn't complete

@billj39 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are having issues access the channel provider's website to activate your device, we would recommend contacting the channel provider to inquire on what further steps to take.

You can reach BBC here: http://www.bbcamerica.com/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: BBC activate on my computer doesn't complete

The BBCA app requires a matching subscription from your cable company. If BBCA is not part of your TV package, then the app would be restricted to 'free' content.

0 Kudos