Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarakiMan
Level 7

BBC TV iPlayer - No Regional News

I use Roku Express to watch the BBC iPlayer which works fine except that I can’t see the local London news and weather. Instead I get a caption saying “BBC One HD cannot yet show programmes from your area”. I have changed the iPlayer Video Quality setting from Best Quality to Standard Definition with no effect.  I can watch local programmes via the iPlayer on my phone and the same WiFi so what’s the problem with Roku? Thank you for any advice.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: BBC TV iPlayer - No Regional News

Hi there! 

Thanks for reaching out. 

All content availability is controlled by each channel provider directly. If you aren't seeing certain content available or experience any issues with content, you'll want to contact that channel/service provider directly to report the issue and request additional information or support. In some cases, channel providers may not always offer exact parity of content between different platforms. You can get in touch with BBC support here for more help: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/how-to-guides/getting-started/contact

Let us know if you have any other questions we can help with! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos