Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MilesT
Level 14

BBC Sounds not installing

Jump to solution

BBC Sounds not installing on Original streaming stick (in UK). 

Trying to bring a friend's system up to date.

Updated to 10.0 (latest) a couple of times and restarted.

Everything else works (incl. YouTube), but Sounds just returns "failed to install".

Not a Roku employee
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: BBC Sounds not installing

Jump to solution

@MilesT-

The purple Streaming Stick, model 3500 is still receiving updates to the Roku operating system but it lacks some of the features and capabilities of more recent models.  Channel apps that have been written to require these advancements will not load on the 3500.

Per this page BBC Sounds is not listed as being compatible with the 3500.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MilesT-

The purple Streaming Stick, model 3500 is still receiving updates to the Roku operating system but it lacks some of the features and capabilities of more recent models.  Channel apps that have been written to require these advancements will not load on the 3500.

Per this page BBC Sounds is not listed as being compatible with the 3500.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
MilesT
Level 14

Jump to solution

Looking at the link, the list of supported and unsupported is a bit of a mixed bag of old and newer.

It's also different to what BBC iPlayer will support (3500 gets iPlayer but not Sounds).

Not a clear and simple communication from the BBC. I have a contact on their digital app team so I might have a word.

I noticed from the iPlayer certification page that 2013 vintage "Tyler" 27XX Roku devices will be desuported by iPlayer on Mon 20 Sept 2021 (ie tomorrow)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/supported-devices/roku-nowtv

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos