Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

BBC Iplayer on ROKU Express after 9.3 update 5/5/20

Anyone else having issues with IPlayer after the software update 5/5/20, everything else works, but not IPLayer?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

bbc iplayer on roku ultra

I am setting up my roku ultra 4660 and cannot get bbc iplayer to work. The ultra is linked to my uk account and the iplayer channel is installed but when I launch it it says this application is not currently available on your device. The iplayer works fine on my two roku 3s. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but no difference. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: BBC Iplayer on ROKU Express after update 5/5/20

Try removing the Channel restart the Roku(power off/on) and reinstall the Channel.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi, I have done that several times, my son, also based here in the NE of England has the same issue on a different platform. If I use an old ROKU(Now TV) box, IPlayer works

Corpusgeoff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@corpusgeoff 

Thanks for the information.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact BBC Iplayer support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach BBC Iplayer support here:https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: BBC Iplayer on ROKU Express after 9.3 update 5/5/20

Hi, I've had the same problem with my Roku 2 box - and just with iplayer. Tried removing bbc iplayer and adding it back in again. Selecting iplayer freezes the software then resets the Roku 2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

When reporting these problems it is beneficial to mention the Roku operating system version you are working under. You can see this via Settings > System > About.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@makaiguy wrote:
When reporting these problems it is beneficial to mention the Roku operating system version you are working under. You can see this via Settings > System > About.

Hi makaiguy,

thanks for your message.

The details are

Model 2720EU Roku 2

Software 9.3.0 build 4143-06

Is there anything else you need to know?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Bbc I player channels

For over a week now anything BBC related doesn't work? It plays half the normal tone, freezes then restarts?

I've uninstalled them and reinstalled them a few times.

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Several people with problems after receiving the 9.3.0 update have reported success via the suggestions in this post:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Roku-Streaming-Stick-remote-fails-after-new-system...
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos