Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

BBC Iplayer crashing my ROKU3

Tried accessing the BBC iPlayer tonight on my ROKU 3 and each time I do this it crashes, there is no mention of it on the community pages, the BBC website does mention the following :-

*** Wednesday 3 June ***

We're aware that BBC iPlayer was failing to load on some Roku devices following a software update. Some people reported that attempting to load the BBC iPlayer app caused the Roku device to crash and then restart.

Roku has now rolled back this software update and this issue should now be resolved.

This has not resolved on my ROKU 3 box, I have tried to refresh the recent update with no success, has the BBC been told that ROKU have rolled back the software update, but this hasn't happened as yet?

I have also disconnected my device from the mains for a few minutes with no success, all other UK terrestrial catch up channels are working fine.

Please can you advise when the software update is been rolled back, or are there other issues with the iPlayer?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: BBC Iplayer crashing my ROKU3

@superted 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have this issue and I'm afraid the delete app-restart-reinstall suggestion isn't working for me.  Never had an issue with BBC app or, worse, an app repeatedly crashing the entire system.

Oddly I'm sure it's saying build 3.4.91000073 was released February; why would it be causing this problem now?!

A fix ASAP would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi  - repeated resets - de installs and reinstalls have no effect - BBCiPlayer crashes the device everytime.  Other channels aren’t available (BBC Sport - BBC News either.

If the update has been rolled back - how do I revert to a stable version?

Highlighted
Level 7

Answering my own question......

removing and re-installing didn’t work - 

restarts didn’t

so after a while & reluctantly - the factory reset did the trick - however it did mean re-entering usernames & passwords for subscribed channels - which was a bit of a pain.....but working as expected now.....

0 Kudos