Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinmca
Level 8

BBC America

I am having issues getting the "Check Internet Connection" screen when trying to launch the Live play with the BBCA App.  My internet connection is strong, I have no issues playing the live stream with any other apps.  Is anyone else having this issue?  If so how did you solve it.
Dan
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Charfahl
Level 7

Re: BBC America

Same issue, I think the update broke the channel :<
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"martinmca" wrote:
I am having issues getting the "Check Internet Connection" screen when trying to launch the Live play with the BBCA App.  My internet connection is strong, I have no issues playing the live stream with any other apps.  Is anyone else having this issue?  If so how did you solve it.
Dan

"Charfahl" wrote:
Same issue, I think the update broke the channel :<

I do not get that error. Rather, when I attempt to watch live TV via BBC America, I get a notice that I must subscribe, but I am a subscriber and can watch VOD content without issue.

Are you able to watch VOD content? If so, then I'd suggest that it's BBC America with an issue related to authenticating for live content.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 10

My issue with the BBCA app is that it won't authorize. I get the code, authorize on their website with Xfinity, the website says it's authorized, but the Roku never updates,
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"andyross" wrote:
My issue with the BBCA app is that it won't authorize. I get the code, authorize on their website with Xfinity, the website says it's authorized, but the Roku never updates,

That sounds like the app (BBCA), service provider (Comcast), or the service (BBCA) could be having issues. Rule out the app by 1) removing the app, 2) rebooting the Roku, and 3) reinstalling the app. In that order.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
martinmca
Level 8

Still the same issue, I have removed, restarted ROKU, then reinstall three times to no avail.  Tonite I'm going to remove BBCA and leave it gone for a couple of days, then reinstall.  I'll report my findings then ... Dan    PS: Cannot play Ovation now either, that one just shuts down after I authorize, then hit to play live feed.  Missing "Space Cowboys" tonite
0 Kudos
C00P
Level 7

Hi I’m experiencing the same issue viewing BBC America’s live stream. However, my provider is AT&T U-verse.. seems like it might be on the Roku side. Please update this thread if anyone finds a solution.
0 Kudos
Bob_in_Cali
Level 7

I have this issue with BBC America, ABC & NBC. The channel shows the Directv logo (my service), so it means I am logged in, but try to watch anything-nope, not authorized. I think Roku has gone to the dogs. Fed up with this problem.
0 Kudos
martinmca
Level 8

Here is the latest.  After removing the channel for 3 days, then updating and reinstalling ... same issue.  Question is now does anyone from BBCA or ROKU read these forums to research and solve or are we all just spewing hot air here?
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

I can replicate the issue with BBC America. I use Philo. AMC works fine. NBC works ok. I am not in an area where ABC has live streaming, supposed to not be in very many areas, yet.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos