Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Autostart.m3u on USB drive doesn't launch

Spoiler
I am trying to get a video file to play automatically when RMP is launched.  I have USB set to start automatically when a drive is inserted and I have Autostart.m3u in the root folder of the USB drive but when I insert the drive it doesn't play.  Likewise, if I start RMP with the drive already inserted it doesn't play.  If I manually select the Autostart.m3u file the video plays.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Autostart.m3u on USB drive doesn't launch

Well if it plays for you..........

It needs to be mounted and go through a process.

There are other media players available you can try.

But I doubt any are as automated as you suggest.

I gave up on the USB port long ago I have a HDMI

cable from one of my computers to my TV. If you can it works for me.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Autostart.m3u on USB drive doesn't launch

Thanks but my application requires a file to be played from the USB drive.  Roku's instructions say it should autoplay if you have a playlist called Autostart.m3u in the root and you have the USB setting on the Roku TV set to play automatically when the drive is inserted.

0 Kudos