Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klh1990
Level 7

Automatic account link feature

Is there a way to disable the Automatic Account Link feature that was introduced on the 9.1 update? We have multiple Roku devices and only one Roku account so every time I want to listen to my #Pandora account I have to log one person out of theirs and vice versa.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Automatic account link feature

I would like to be able to limit the channels on other devices as well.  I have devices in the childrens room, and with the automatic link, they can order movies on prime unless I have a PIN on the account.  This is inconvenient when the wife and I are trying to watch a series in the living room.  It would be very helpful to be able to just limit what channels they can access.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Automatic account link feature

@Ken_N_Spokane 

Thanks for the note. 

Having a PIN for your Roku account is currently the only feature on the Roku device that will restrict access to make purchases and add channels onto a device. If you feel that this is inconvenient if you are planning to watching with another device, I would recommend that you create two different accounts, one account for your children's device with a PIN attached to the account, and one account for you and and your wife in the living room.

For more information regarding multiple account, visit our Support page here: Do I need a separate Roku account for each of my Roku® streaming devices?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos