Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doug260
Level 7

Auto-launch app?

Is there any way to have Roku automatically launch YouTube TV when I turn on my tv?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Auto-launch app?

No there is not. A Roku TV can be configured to start on Live TV, or maybe an HDMI input (can't recall the exact settings) but there's no way to auto-start any of the Roku apps/channels.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
hybridsource
Level 7

Depending on your criteria "AutoLaunch" might work for you. AutoLaunch a screensaver that allows you to automatically launch a channel when the "screensaver" kicks in. First, download AutoLaunch from the channel store then go to Settings > Theme > Screensavers > AutoLaunch > Change screensaver settings. Select the channel you want to automatically launch. You'll then need to adjust your Screensaver wait time under Settings > Theme. Unfortunately, 1 minute is the quickest the screensaver would turn on. It worked for my application. Good luck.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/242413/autolaunch

0 Kudos
user350823
Level 7

Exactly, how else can they show you ads on the main screen if you bypass it and go right into the application you want.

0 Kudos
bkerr
Level 7

As this feature is not available, can you please log an enhancement to automatically start a channel of ones choice by default when the Roku device is turned on?  Example.  When I turn on my tv, Roku loads by default and lists all channels to access.  It would be ideal to code an option to automatically start Sling or any other channel when the Roku device has stated.  That's a simple enhancement and makes Roku more flexible and desirable.

Cheers,
b