Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Authenticating an app with no cable provider

Jump to solution

Hi how are you ??? Ok here's my problem ... I'm trying to download The Adult Swim app on my Roku...  When I go to watch a program on that app it it prompts me to go to a website and enter in a code ... When I do this it asks me who my cable provider is  ...  I do not  have a  cable provider ... My question is  how do I get past this point without a cable provider ??? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Authenticating an app with no cable provider

Jump to solution

Like many cable-type channels Adult Swim only makes its programming available to those paying for it as part of a paid subscription to a service that carries the channel. That service doesn't have to be a bloated cable or satellite service however. There are several you can subscribe to and run on a Roku. Ones I think carry Adult Swim are Sling TV, Hulu with Live TV, and AT&T TV NOW -- there may be others.

Savings in cord cutting usually come from picking and choosing which of the lesser offerings you wish to pay for instead of paying for cable or satellite services bloated with channels you mostly never watch.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Authenticating an app with no cable provider

Jump to solution

Like many cable-type channels Adult Swim only makes its programming available to those paying for it as part of a paid subscription to a service that carries the channel. That service doesn't have to be a bloated cable or satellite service however. There are several you can subscribe to and run on a Roku. Ones I think carry Adult Swim are Sling TV, Hulu with Live TV, and AT&T TV NOW -- there may be others.

Savings in cord cutting usually come from picking and choosing which of the lesser offerings you wish to pay for instead of paying for cable or satellite services bloated with channels you mostly never watch.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post