Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Audiobooks Network Channel

I have added Audiobooks.Network Channel and when I select a book it starts to load but then nothing happens. It blips back to the select screen. This is happening with every audio book channel I’ve added.  How do I get an audio book to load and play?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Audiobooks Network Channel

@SteveFi 

Thanks for the note.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Audiobooks Network directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on theAudiobooks Network channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Have had the same problem here and have tried uninstalling, etc. multiple times.  Getting the same problem on two Roku Express+ sets as well as a Sharp Roku TV.  Originally, I had thought maybe the Express+ was limited in some way, but when the channel still didn't work on a full Roku TV, I knew there was a deeper problem.

How does one contact the channel provider?  According to the Roku Channel Store, the Audiobooks Network Channel came from clickseffect.com, but the website at that address is for a company that (among other things) provides development of Roku channels.  There is nothing there about the Audiobooks Network Channel and it would appear that someone else used the services of clickseffect.com and is otherwise unknown and unable to be contacted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Sounds like an issue with the channel feeds.  Sometimes it fixes itself but @RokuDanny-R Roku should check with the channel provider.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

For the record, I have been checking this, on and off, for a few months to see if it would "fix itself," but the only thing that has changed (and the only thing that does make it seem that it is not an abandoned channel that doesn't work at all) is that the "Most popular" selections have changed as though other people are actually using this and listening to different selections.  To be fair, however, the overall list of available titles seems to be relatively narrow and not changing as though this channel had been developed with static, unchanging content.

One other thing: as I was writing this reply, I did a search for something and discovered that there is actually a channel for Librivox.  It is a private channel and doesn't have a search function, but it does seem to have much (maybe even all) of LIbrivox's extensive collection of public-domain audiobooks.  When I tried it, just now, it DID actually work, including playback, so I may wind up forgetting about the Audiobooks Network Channel.  The channel code for Librivox is "Q4DSY" and more information is available on RokuGuide