Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spiralstar
Level 7

Audio popping/crackling & lip sync issue

Roku streaming stick+ here (with a 4 year old Vizio barely-smart TV and Sonos speakers) but I think it's a Roku-wide issue from other posts.

Today I noticed substantial audio/lip sync lag with YouTube. Also, crackling and popping in all YouTube video selection screens, but only when I moved the highlighting selector around.

TRY THIS FIRST: start a YouTube video, then hit * to bring up the Roku options while watching that video. A menu will slide in from the left, and one option will be "Volume leveling." Make sure that's set to OFF - for me, that fixed both the lip sync in-video AND the audio popping when selecting videos.

This takes 10 seconds and won't make you remove, reset, or reinstall anything. Good luck!

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5\
ChrisOx
Level 8

Re: Audio popping/crackling & lip sync issue

Thanks! I was about to go buy a new one, searched one last time just to check. Been looking for a fix since end of December.

Really appreciate it!

Kevdog
Level 7

This fixed a crackling audio issue with several video sources on our roku, including YouTube TV. Thank you!

0 Kudos
SheenaReneeM
Level 7

I thought the popping and lag was a malfunction with my wifi and a movie I bought legit online earlier, but it continued with a different app and show, so I did this, turned off the “volume leveling” and sure enough, problem solved on both ends. Thank you so much for sharing! 

0 Kudos
BJ38
Level 7

For days now I have audio syncing issues on both HBOMax and Discovery plus channels on Roku.  This started since I recently subscribed to HBOMax.  Not sure if that’s relevant.  The only way I’ve found to “fix” it involves removing the Roku and disconnecting it, letting it sit awhile, then reconnect everything and it is back in sync. Very annoying! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Dennyb
Level 7

I am having the same problem with the Spectrum app. I have tried everything under the audio setings. 

0 Kudos