Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayeecee
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio issues with Hulu

@StreamerUser wrote:

@jayeecee wrote:

Just installed Hulu and after about 15 minutes lost audio on all channels on Roku Express (model 3900).  Reset Roku and now working.  Is this a problem throughout Roku with Hulu or would the Roku Streaming Stick+ or Roku Ultra make a difference?

"Lost audio" can be issue for different apps/models/configurations, depending.

That being said, yes, there are hardware (and therefore software) differences between the Express (3900), SS+ (3810) and Ultra (4640/4660/4662/4670/4800).

Will those mitigate the specific audio loss you are experiencing? Maybe, the only way to find out is to obtain one and try/test it.

I followed the instructions given and found I had 9.3.0 version already.  Unfortunately the only way I am able to get my audio back is to do System Restart.  This audio problem started when I signed up for Hulu and happens when I leave the Hulu show I am watching and try to go back into it.  The audio issue is then system wide throughout Roku, 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

You might try uninstalling Hulu, restarting your Roku, reinstalling Hulu to see if the problem persists.

If it does, and assuming you are unwilling to "trade up" to a higher end model, definitely an issue to report to both Hulu and Roku:

Roku:

https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options

Hulu:

https://help.hulu.com/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jayeecee 

Thanks for the posts.

As @StreamerUser mentioned, we would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Hulu directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Hulu channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmsnyc
Binge Watcher

Go to audio settings of Roku and change it to stereo

0 Kudos
Dena05

Same issue, extremely frustrating. Before roku, had absolutely no issues with Hulu! 

0 Kudos
Dena05

My problem started when I bought a tv with roku. I have had Hulu for years and never had audio issues until roku. Extremely frustrating! Tried all the suggestions and nothing. 

0 Kudos
Dena05

Not an Hulu issue Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dena05,

We appreciate your post regarding your audio issue with Hulu.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chicluv98

I have the roku stick and all other apps work but on hulu i have to go out of the episode and go back into it when i start a new episode cuz i have no sound and ive already reset it to factory settings i have no idea wat else to do.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Chicluv98 wrote:+

I have the roku stick and all other apps work but on hulu i have to go out of the episode and go back into it when i start a new episode cuz i have no sound and ive already reset it to factory settings i have no idea wat else to do.

Hulu is the most common/"worst offending" app in terms of audio loss and what's required to get it back.

You'll have to keep using/trying the "fixes" and workarounds: 

1) Pause/play again,

2) RW, play again,

3) Play other content, play again,

4) Exit+re-open Hulu,

5) Exit Hulu+play content on other app+re-open Hulu.

6) Change Settings/Audio/HDMI=PCN-Stereo

And report it/give feedback to Hulu CS:   https://help.hulu.com/s/article/how-to-contact-Hulu?language=en_US

0 Kudos