Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gyuzal

Audio issues with Hulu

I have been watching Hulu for several years through Roku. And today all of a sudden, the audio is not working. It worked great yesterday, but nothing today. I tried other apps through Roku, and they don't have this issue.  

0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Audio issues with Hulu

@Gyuzal 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeff4
Channel Surfer

Hello, I have been having the same issue.  This happens on two separate Roku Express units.  I lose audio on Hulu.  I have done the uninstall reinstall but still have the same problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jeff4 

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, that you restart the Roku device before adding the channel back again.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeff4
Channel Surfer

Still having the same issue, although I backed out of Hulu and checked Netflix and other apps and no sound in those either so it is definitely a Roku issue.  

I did the uninstall reinstall protocol.  It helps temporarily but the problem comes back.  Interestingly, no issue on my Roku TV, just the Express

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jeff4 

Thanks for the update.

For clarification, are you hearing any sound from your Roku device, such as the clicking when you move from channel tiles on the Home screen?

As a last resort, have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device to see if that resolve the issue you are experiencing? For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeff4
Channel Surfer

I do hear clicking.  I have been avoiding a factory reset for the obvious reasons, but I will do that and see if it corrects the issue.  

0 Kudos
Jeff4
Channel Surfer

Did a factory reset.  Worked for a while, now having the same issue.  No sound across all apps.

0 Kudos
jayeecee
Reel Rookie

Just installed Hulu and after about 15 minutes lost audio on all channels on Roku Express (model 3900).  Reset Roku and now working.  Is this a problem throughout Roku with Hulu or would the Roku Streaming Stick+ or Roku Ultra make a difference?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@jayeecee wrote:

Just installed Hulu and after about 15 minutes lost audio on all channels on Roku Express (model 3900).  Reset Roku and now working.  Is this a problem throughout Roku with Hulu or would the Roku Streaming Stick+ or Roku Ultra make a difference?

"Lost audio" can be issue for different apps/models/configurations, depending.

That being said, yes, there are hardware (and therefore software) differences between the Express (3900), SS+ (3810) and Ultra (4640/4660/4662/4670/4800).

Will those mitigate the specific audio loss you are experiencing? Maybe, the only way to find out is to obtain one and try/test it.

[post edited]

0 Kudos