Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solo44
Level 7

Audio Playback Failed error

Using Windows Media Player as DLNA server, with a library of WMA lossless music files.  Have two different Roku units - a Roku 3 and a USB stick type.  Roku Media player shows the same error on both Rokus.  The server is recognized and all the folders are visible.  When I try to play any of the files, I get the Roku error message "Audio Playback Failed" and "The file might be damaged or corrupt".  Well, I suppose it might be, but it isn't.  I can play the files on the PC with Windows Media Player, or with the PlayOn media player using the same Rokus and PC.  When I started this project a couple of weeks ago, the same files played perfectly on the Roku media players.  Not sure what changed, but very possibly an update to Windows 10 could have happened during that period.  Any ideas on how to find out what's happening?  Thanks for any ideas.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Solo44
Level 7

Re: Audio Playback Failed error

Here is the resolution: The problem was caused by the Windows Media Player streaming server.  I switched to the Serviio media server and now Roku Media Player plays all the WMA lossless files perfectly.  There's a free version of Serviio and a "Pro" version and both will perform the server function without error. 
0 Kudos