Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Audio Lag on Hulu on Streaming Stick + and on Roku Ultra

"joshgillen" wrote:
Thanks Tanner for the update.

What was causing my issue is we didn't put enough padding in the multicast from the inca encoder. As soon as we added 100k of padding results were better with audio sync.  

Do you know if the next gen roku boxes can decode ac3?  

Thanks

Depends on what you mean by decode. All Roku players support AC3, but only the Ultra 4640 (older version) had the ability to convert other audio into AC3. All other boxes will bitstream AC3 via HDMI (or optical for the boxes that have that). They will also bitstream DTS, but that means you have to be plugged into something that can decode it, such as a soundbar or AVR. Few TVs can handle DTS audio. 
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Lcreola

I have a LG TV AND ROKU EXPRESS 4k. The audio sync is a problem. Mostly when using something from the DVR service on HULU for live TV. I HAVE TRIED NEW HDMI cable, restarting app. Still not right. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
rferris

Try this it worked for me: Go to Settings - Audio - Digital output format - Change Auto to Passthrough

0 Kudos