Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ed3
Level 8

Atmos from Netflix, Prime & Disney

Has anybody been able to output Dolby Atmos from these streaming channels NETFLIX, PRIME AND DISNEY in their Atmos capable soundbar from a TCL R6? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Ed3
Level 8

Re: Atmos from Netflix, Prime & Disney

Here's an update to my own post. The TCL R615 doesn't output Atmos through the TV's Netflix , Prime and Disney+ channels. However it does passthrough Atmos to the Sonos arc through the NVIDIA SHEILD, Netflix and Prime confirms Atmos content on Sonos app except for Disney+ .

0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 14

Re: Atmos from Netflix, Prime & Disney

@Ed3 wrote:

Has anybody been able to output Dolby Atmos from these streaming channels NETFLIX, PRIME AND DISNEY in their Atmos capable soundbar from a TCL R6? 

FYI. The latest update to Roku OS Version 10 and a subsequent update to the Netflix app now provides ATMOS support on my TCL Roku P-Series TV from 2017. I thought that Netflix would never go back and support my older hardware, so I was pleasantly surprised today after the updates were applied. PRIME VIDEO, DISNEY+ and HBO MAX have supported ATMOS, so I don't know if the Roku OS update changed something or if that was required for the Netflix app to update and support it. Either way, glad it is available!!

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos