Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

At&t tv app

Jump to solution

I just got the Roku Express plus and i use at&t tv app to stream cable but can't figure out how to download the app or add it i i cant find it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: At&t tv app

Jump to solution

AT&T and Roku are in disputed negotiations and AT&T has withdrawn Roku's ability to carry AT&T NOW. If/when they reach an agreement, AT&T NOW will be back on Roku.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

AT&T and Roku are in disputed negotiations and AT&T has withdrawn Roku's ability to carry AT&T NOW. If/when they reach an agreement, AT&T NOW will be back on Roku.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I beg to disagree. There is much more incentive for ROKU to boot AT&T TV off its devices than for AT&T to leave. ROKU is CLEARLY trying to become a content provider and is simply extorting advertising revenue from AT&T. I have used ROKU devices since the company’s inception but have now pitched them in favor of AMAZON’s Firestick which I have found to be superior. Until internet based device, streaming, and content company’s agree to mandatory arbitration the customer will continue to get the screw. Isn’t it funny how all these company’s increasingly force mandatory arbitration on their customers....but won’t do it themselves.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was amazon user and like it.  I switched to spectrum which wasn't supported on firestick.  Now I went back to At&T and Roku doesn't work.  How about all the streaming sticks support everything.... looks like I'll fire up my firestick again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Whatever the problem is Roku, Dont send me advertisements to buy your equipment when you can't allow an app for products that won't work without you getting off the high horse you are on. You need to offer a full refund to customers using you TV's and boxes who have been subscribers to AT&T. Something better be done soon.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just ditched my ROKU and set up new Amazon Firestick. Much more functionality and it powers my TV on/off and has volume adjustment which my ROKU could not do (I know some of their newer products can do this). The Firestick knew which streaming Apps I "owned" and added them automatically - all I had to do was log into them - really cool feature!

Adios ROKU!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’ve been loyal to Roku but I may need to rethink that. I’m tired of being caught in the middle of this. Settle and let me use AT&T on all my roku not just the ones I was lucky enough to get it on before this drawn out spat.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have now replaced four of my five ROKU devices with Amazon's FIRESTICK. FIRESTICK supports AT&T TV and I actually like its remote control and user interface much better than ROKU's. It also allows many more settings control options. One more to go! Adios ROKU!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

"Starting on January 1st, 2020 new AT&T TV and AT&T TV NOW subscribers could no longer install the apps onto Roku streaming players. Customers who had already installed the service to their Roku devices were able to continue to use it, as long as they did not delete the app. At the time, the two sides said they “were actively working on a new agreement.”

However, it wasn’t until yesterday that AT&T TV & AT&T TV NOW returned to Roku streaming players. Roku has confirmed to The Streamable that the two sides have reached a new deal, but the deal does not include AT&T’s HBO Max, which launches next week."

https://thestreamable.com/news/roku-confirms-deal-with-att-to-bring-att-tv-back-to-platform

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Good to know the two sides are now kissing buddies. But ROKU already lost me as a customer. I figure ROKU cost me about $250 in lost AT&T TV monthly payments with no app to watch. I’m gone.....forever.

0 Kudos