Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steelman

Re: Asterik/star button function while surfing movies/TV not working with Amazon Prime Video.

All you say is exactly right, good luck getting a CSR to understand.

0 Kudos
Tanzer

Re: Asterik/star button function while surfing movies/TV not working with Amazon Prime Video.

I have the same problem Amazon blames Roku Roku has no one to talk to

0 Kudos
Tanzer

Same problem and dates as everyone else.I did speak to Amazon they blame Roku.

Roku has no customer service to speak of. So it seems we're at the mercy of someone to just stumble over the problem and maybe fix it.

0 Kudos

Ok I was losing my mind trying to figure out what was causing this. On my Sony smart tv the green button does what the asterisk button is supposed it. On my PS4, I can get it's button to do what its supposed to. Onn roku tv, asterisk button is dead in the amazon prime video app. It works in other apps. So again not the remote. And like everyone here I already did those things thinking I clicked something to disable the function and even rebooted back to factory settings. Also started 12/01/20...I know because it worked fine 11/30 when I used it to remove Angel season 5 after finishing it in my watchlist. The next morning nothing worked. Been trying for 3 days to reset it and was about to go buy a new remote.

0 Kudos
Tanzer

Definitely not remotes, I have 3 remotes on three TVs and none of them are working. In fact using my phone as a remote it doesn't work on it either. My problem is there's no one to tell. Roku customer service is non-existent!

0 Kudos
Tanzer

For argument's sake let's say it is Amazon, who does have good customer service but they're throwing Roku under the bus blaming the problem on them

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't know how Amazon could blame it on Roku.  Are they saying Roku is somehow blocking the * button from registering within their channel?  Doesn't make any sense.  Maybe something changed in the latest firmware, but it's still up to the developer to figure out what it is.  Roku isn't going to debug Amazon's code.  If it was happening within every channel/app you could blame it on Roku, but just one?  No way!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Maelish
Binge Watcher

When the * button works just fine in all of my other Roku apps, then it's an issue with Amazon Prime.  

But... is the Prime app developed by Roku?  Most people don't realize it's possible.  Roku is the creator of the Netflix app, it simplifies things for Netflix to have Roku write the app for them.

0 Kudos
Harvey505
Reel Rookie

Hi,

After contacting Amazon Customer Service I got past the chat robot and hooked up with a live agent. He created a job ticket at around 11AM 12/3/20. When I checked today at 10AM I was able to use the asterik/star (*) function again. The agent was helpful and I did mention some of the ROKU post about the issue. Key point being other Amazon Prime Video users using platforms other than ROKU were having the same issue. He then said that it sounded like an Amazon issue not a ROKU issue. All good and I hope the same for other forum users. If not, here is the Amazon customer service link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

ld9000
Reel Rookie

Mine is now working as well !!!    Thank you so much for doing that.    Whatever they did - it worked.   

Appreciate you taking the time to call them and get it worked out.    Thanks again and Merry Christmas !!

0 Kudos