Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harvey505
Reel Rookie

Asterik/star button function while surfing movies/TV not working with Amazon Prime Video.

Asterik/star button function while surfing movies/TV not working with Amazon Prime Video.I have a

ROKU device - I'm trying to add or remove movie/TV programs for my watch list on Amazon Prime Video. The star button function works on ROKU home page and all other applications that require the star button to be used. So it's not an issue with the remote control device. I can select movies/TV programs but I can't add or remove from my list using the star button. I click the star button on ROKU remote while in Amazon Prime and nothing happens. I have re-loaded ROKU as well as the Amazon Prime Video app. All applications are up to date. The issue started 12/1/20. Any ideas? THx!

20 REPLIES 20
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Asterik/star button function while surfing movies/TV not working with Amazon Prime Video.

I can confirm this issue - but it isn't just limited to the Roku platform:  the Prime app on my LG C7 using the WebOS platform also has similar dysfunctionality.

Since Amazon is the Prime app provider, you'll want to contact them:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Rennat

Re: Asterik/star button function while surfing movies/TV not working with Amazon Prime Video.

Hi!!! Did you ever get your issue fixed with your Roku remote while you were in the Amazon app? We have been having the same issue and on the same day as you have posted. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Harvey505
Reel Rookie

Thx.. I have contacted Amazon. They responded with some re-boot, re-install, Power off/on Wi-fi steps which I already tried. Waiting on their next communication.

0 Kudos
Harvey505
Reel Rookie

Thx.. I have contacted Amazon. They responded with some re-boot, re-install, Power off/on Wi-fi steps which I already tried. Waiting on their next communication. You may want to contact them also.  Strength in numbers!

0 Kudos
ES3

Yes, the same problem happened to me just recently. It was working and was a very handy feature, but now it's not working. I'm glad to see this isn't just me! I can use the asterisk button elsewhere, so it is not a remote problem. Amazon needs to sort it!

0 Kudos
steelman

Same experience with me.  I spent three hours chatting and going through the same steps you did.  I even sent the CSR a link to this thread.  

0 Kudos
ld9000
Reel Rookie

Well I'm glad its just not me -  this started with me at the same with everyone else.   The star button absolutely does not work with Prime Video anymore.   I've tried everything ahead of what Amazon Prime is telling everyone to do, and nothing has worked.   

I also noticed that Amazon Prime dumped a lot of movies into my "Watchlist" when I didn't ask for them, so something is definitely wrong on their end.  Btw, you also can't use the "In my Watchlist " function to remove all of the movies from your list.  Some of them just won't remove.  You will have to go into your Prime Video Account section on your computer, and from there you can either remove the movie, or at least use the "Hide Movie" feature if it doesn't disappear.

What an absolute mess this has become.  Hopefully, someone will come along with a fix for this.  

0 Kudos
steelman

All you say is exactly right, but you won't get a CSR to listen.

0 Kudos
Maelish
Binge Watcher

Can confirm on all our Roku Ultra as well.  The * button works in other apps but not in Amazon Prime.

0 Kudos