Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Assign new TV Provider to a Channel

Jump to solution

I had an Xfinity subscription that got cancelled and have a new Xfinity sign in. How do I update that on channels that are downloaded to my Roku that were signed in with the old account?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Assign new TV Provider to a Channel

Jump to solution

@smithhg 

Thanks for the post.

There should be an option on each of those channels for you to log in/out of your account or change the settings for the account. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact those channel's support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

If you are unable to change the TV cable provider authentication that way, as a last resort you can remove the channels that are authenticated, then try to perform a factory reset on your device. Then once your device is setup again, authenticate your channels with the new Xfinity subscription information.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Assign new TV Provider to a Channel

Jump to solution

@smithhg 

Thanks for the post.

There should be an option on each of those channels for you to log in/out of your account or change the settings for the account. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact those channel's support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

If you are unable to change the TV cable provider authentication that way, as a last resort you can remove the channels that are authenticated, then try to perform a factory reset on your device. Then once your device is setup again, authenticate your channels with the new Xfinity subscription information.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos