Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alf_martin

Asked to pay for Peacock Premium even though subscribing via Peacock web site

I subscribe to Peacock Premium via the Peacock website. Why is Roku asking me to pay when I want to watch Peacock Premium contents on my TV using my Roku device?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Asked to pay for Peacock Premium even though subscribing via Peacock web site

Hi @alf_martin

Thanks for the post.

Please make sure that your account with the Peacock subscription is logged in to the Peacock channel on your Roku device for you to be able to use your existing membership. 

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cearani

Re: Asked to pay for Peacock Premium even though subscribing via Peacock web site

There is no where to sign in to the account on Roku. It only gives you the offer of creating a new account and having to pay for a second subscription. 😞 

0 Kudos
patds21

Same problem - signed up for a Peacock account on my computer.  When trying to watch on Roku TV it wants me to buy a subscription.  No where to sign in to an existing account.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@patds21, if you're trying to use your Peacock subscription within "The Roku Channel" it won't work.  Try using it on the Peacock channel/app.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/2dd1a2670117700b87d7a40bfa7e6138/peacock-tv

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Benak2

You have to go in to the account settings in the app and sign in with the email and password you used to sign up with peacock. I had to sign out of the roku email I ised when i set my tv up with. I ended my $4.99 amonth when i signed up for the 1 yr for $19.99 but wouldn't let me use the same email because i already had an account with that email so i used another. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos