Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDigital
Level 7

Re: Are your channels appearing zoomed during playback? Check here!

Jump to solution

Sadly this is anything but solved. I hadn't had a problem until I recently started using HBOMAX. I did have the service back in January and it was fine, not it has this "zoom in" problem where most of the time the area to the right is cropped off when watching say Babylon 5. You get half heads or sometimes even just a ear when you should have a whole face. Also the credits are chopped (about a word or half of one per line). The commercials funny enough are fine.

I did the remove the channel, run system update, restart roku, reinstall the channel method and while it works, it only works for say one episode. After that it goes back to this zoomed in problem. Sometimes if I restart the Roku or even change resolution to say 720 from 1080 that will fix it for another episode. Thought many times it won't work and I will have to remove the channel etc to get it to display the whole image again. I do not have this problem with say Netflix. Please fix this in a more permanent fashion. I can't keep removing the channel etc for every episode. It just isn't worth the hassle, meaning I will have to give up this service and go with another if it can't be fixed.

Issue id: 55-319-540
Model 4630x roku premere+
Serial number: Yr000k102255
Software ver 10.0.0 build 4209-29
Timestamp: 2021 08 10t21:40:21z

0 Kudos
DBDigital
Level 7

Re: Are your channels appearing zoomed during playback? Check here!

Jump to solution

One thing I have noticed, when the zoom problem is happening, the image is perfect/switches half a second before the commercial starts.  It might be due to the commercials switching resolution and it is not switching back properly sometimes when it is done?

0 Kudos