Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Are your channels appearing zoomed during playback? Check here!

Hello Roku Community members!

We are aware that a subset of users may be experiencing some channels appearing to be zoomed in during playback.

Please be aware that we are still investigating the root cause for why this happened.

We would first recommend trying removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If you're still running into an issue, and you weren't experiencing this before the latest update, please respond to this thread with the following information:
  • Your Roku device model
  • Serial Number
  • Device ID
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel
  • What specific content are you trying to view on that channel
  • Issue ID (To generate an Issue ID, on your remote, press Home 5x then Back 5x (next to Home) in quick succession, and you'll see an Issue ID pop up on your screen. Let us know what that Issue ID is here).
Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
9 Replies
elvis8136
Level 7

NBC, Peacock,, Oxygen, SYFY Apps auto zooms

I have a Roku Soundbar and its on Version 10.0 Build 4185 and just recently the NBC, Peacock,, Oxygen, SYFY Apps auto zoom in and you only get to see a small portion of the content. 

My TLC Roku TV is still on 9.4.0 Build 4120 and it plays those stations correctly.  It's on auto update, but been watching TV using the soundbar, so the TV hasn't updated yet. I'm pretty sure if I ask it to update, it will have version 10.0 and have the same problem of scaling.

Tried restarting, powering down and plugging back in, the soundbar still has problems auto zooming those apps after 20 seconds to 3 minutes, making the show unwatchable.

Even deleted the NBC app and re-installed, same issue.

Anyway to correct this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: NBC, Peacock,, Oxygen, SYFY Apps auto zooms

@elvis8136

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot/picture of the issue

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
elvis8136
Level 7

This typically only happens when I watch "Good Girls" on SYFY or NBC streaming apps on my

Roku Soundbar 9101X Serial ##YLOOCV022722 (R6499C022722) Version 10.0.0 Build 4185

See attached photo of he incident report while watching Good Girls on SYF

0 Kudos
elvis8136
Level 7

well darn, no photos display, I don't understand why

0 Kudos
elvis8136
Level 7

Incident ReportIncident ReportBefore zoomBefore zoomAbout 30 seconds into replyAbout 30 seconds into reply

0 Kudos
Eddie_T
Level 9

Re: Are your channels appearing zoomed during playback? Check here!

3800RW

YF009D358675 (CU3879358675)

10.0.0 build 4185-55

time stamp 2021-05-05T01:17:002

issue ID 75-178-637

Zoom issue occurs when streaming NBC app. First commercial and maybe 30 seconds or so of program are OK then comes zoom. The same show will stream from Chromebook OK via HDMI cable. I did remove and re-install NBC app but it didn't help.

joshjagler
Level 7

9102R

YL006A34088     2A10C6340988

USA Network, Version 7.18 ~ build 1

App has been removed and then reinstalled.

Issue ID - 88-178-849

0 Kudos
NativeAZ
Level 7

Model:  9102R (streambar)

Serial:  YL004C366021e

Device ID:  2A1094366021

Software:  10.0.0 build 4185-95

Channel: NBC, Version 7.18, build 1

Content:  Young Rock, Good Girls, Keenan

IssueID:  21-179-145

Looks fuzzy but plays okay for 30 seconds, then tried to adjust clarity but instead zooms in so can't see anything. Removal & reboot did not work. 

0 Kudos
Ashleydm09
Level 1

• Your Roku device model 9101x Roku Smart Soundbar
  • Serial Number YL0062608362
  • Bravo app
  • Bravo app- any show after about 20 seconds
  • Issue ID 62-179-672

this is really annoying.

0 Kudos