Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDigital
Level 7

Re: Are your channels appearing zoomed during playback? Check here!

Jump to solution

Sadly this is anything but solved. I hadn't had a problem until I recently started using HBOMAX. I did have the service back in January and it was fine, not it has this "zoom in" problem where most of the time the area to the right is cropped off when watching say Babylon 5. You get half heads or sometimes even just a ear when you should have a whole face. Also the credits are chopped (about a word or half of one per line). The commercials funny enough are fine.

I did the remove the channel, run system update, restart roku, reinstall the channel method and while it works, it only works for say one episode. After that it goes back to this zoomed in problem. Sometimes if I restart the Roku or even change resolution to say 720 from 1080 that will fix it for another episode. Thought many times it won't work and I will have to remove the channel etc to get it to display the whole image again. I do not have this problem with say Netflix. Please fix this in a more permanent fashion. I can't keep removing the channel etc for every episode. It just isn't worth the hassle, meaning I will have to give up this service and go with another if it can't be fixed.

Issue id: 55-319-540
Model 4630x roku premere+
Serial number: Yr000k102255
Software ver 10.0.0 build 4209-29
Timestamp: 2021 08 10t21:40:21z

0 Kudos
DBDigital
Level 7

Jump to solution

One thing I have noticed, when the zoom problem is happening, the image is perfect/switches half a second before the commercial starts.  It might be due to the commercials switching resolution and it is not switching back properly sometimes when it is done?

0 Kudos
DougSmythies
Level 7

Jump to solution

I recently (October 8th) bought a Roku Express HD for one of our T.Vs. I liked it so much that I bought a Roku Express 4K (October 12th) for our main T.V. It worked perfectly until a recent update (December 10th), and now it suffers from the issue of this thread. The issue can be cleared, we think, by a power down / power up cycle on the T.V., which the Roku is powered from.

Roku device model: 3940CA - Roku Express 4K.

Serial Number: X01600JEKA5H

Device ID: S07S515EKA5H

What Channels: Netflix; Amazon Prime; DAZN

Version/build: 10.5.0 Build 4208-CR

What content: All that we have tried.

Issue ID: 5H-502-449

EDIT 1: "Settings>System>Power>System restart" also clears the issue. Note that I did not bother to remove and then add back the channel. I do not know how long it is before the problem will occur again, but it always seems to be present when we want to actually use it.

EDIT 2: Experiment in progress: "Disable Auto power savings" that will go into save power mode after 20 minutes of no use.

EDIT 3: The issue does not occur with "Auto power savings" disabled. The issue always occurs if the system is powered up and "Auto power savings" is enabled and the Roku had gone into power save mode before being used. The situation ends up with the T.V. in 1080p mode whereas it should be in 2160p mode.

Jenandlily
Level 7

Jump to solution
  • Your Roku device model 32s331
  • Serial Number yk0035343147
  • Device ID npn0d3343147
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel The Roku Channel V6 B15
  • What specific content are you trying to view on that channel fox news
  • Issue ID 47-506-556
0 Kudos
Phantomcasper
Level 7

Jump to solution

Model         7306x  E4SW5518RKU 

Serial Number       YN0030431772

Device ID       G88003431772

What channel and what version/build is the channel

I'm using the live tv input with streaming 

What specific content are you trying to view on that channel

Live tv channel 120 livenow fox

After tuning to that channel it zooms in about 15 seconds. all other channels on the livetv input seem ok. Even at the home screen on that channel the preview panel for it gets zoomed.

Issue ID

72-511-936

0 Kudos
Nicolia
Level 7

Jump to solution

Model 3810RW

Serial# YH003E624262

62-0004-348

Discovery+

Dirtiest Jobs

This is occuring on both of my roku sticks they are the same model. I tried to remove the channel however there is mo remove channel button after clicking the star.

0 Kudos
Pianogirl
Level 7

Jump to solution

Riki tv 7106x

tcl model 65s403

sn yn001g965468

id.  9u67d1965468

idgo, prime, netflix

issue Id. 68-020-852

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

This thread was originally opened for an older issue for users on a much older OS build (10.0). 

In order to avoid further confusion and for us to properly assist new users with issues regarding the newest OS 10.5, we would recommend searching the Community for another thread that is related to the issue you are experiencing, and if no current thread, please feel free to create one.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator