Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahhhh
Level 7

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

Jump to solution

I have tried and nothing seems to be working so far.

0 Kudos
Natasha1010
Level 7

Jump to solution

Let me add my issue to this ever growing list. Netflix and Prime started couple days ago. Haven’t done workarounds yet. Just looked at the post. However a factory reset is not an option. My Spectrum cable app is my only means to watch TV at this time. And if it’s deleted I can not get it back! Resetting hasn’t seemed to work for others here. So not willing to risk it. Just to be left with a TV that won’t play the things I pay for it to play. Lastly, what’s a timeframe we can expect for this to be fixed? Since the first complaint was 4 weeks ago and the problem still happening today. I ask this because we all pay for these streaming apps monthly. When you’ve got 2-3 of them not working for weeks that cost adds up. Wouldn’t have bought a ROKU TV just to watch Netflix on my phone. 

ROKU TV 8113X

MODEL 40S325

SERIAL YK0020327834

DEVICE ID JAA042327834

NETFLIX 5.0 •build 98079419

PRIME 12.0 •build 2021070213

ISSUE ID 34-284-080

0 Kudos
paulsharry23
Level 7

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution
I have the same issue. Any tips for solution?
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

@paulsharry23 wrote:
I have the same issue. Any tips for solution?

Try the list of 7 workarounds/solutions....

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ahhhh
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've tried everything but the factory reset and nothing has helped.

0 Kudos
BrandJB
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues with Hulu, Prime, Netflix, Tubi, and most others. The video will start after stalling for a few minutes just to crash within seconds of playback and return to the channel menu screen (home screen). I have tried resetting, reinstalling, reinstalling channels, resetting modem and router, powering off, and now researching the problem. I do believe that people deserve a discount on their subs that are affected by this crashing problem. It is very frustrating that this problem has been going on for so long and no one has @Roku has been able to identify this problem not to mention a fix. If I find a fix or some temp relief from this issue, I will post it here. Hopefully for all the people affected there will be a fix soon.  

0 Kudos
Natasha1010
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok now I’m really mad. Tried these “workarounds” starting with resetting the theme. And what do you know my Spectrum app no longer lets me sign in. Which in my previous post I explained, IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN WATCH TV!!! This needs to be fixed ASAP. Or else you can have this freaking TV back and want my $300 I paid for it. I would appreciate a reply or even better to speak to an actual **bleep** person. It’s Saturday I am not spending my weekend staring at a blank TV!

0 Kudos
TheBrit
Level 7

Jump to solution

Model 4660X - Roku Ultra

Serial # YJ00D642861

Device ID CK396D428619

ESPN Version 3.6 Build 2021040800

Disney+ Version 1.14 Build 2021062101

Issue ID 19-284-740

ESPN & Disney+ are the only channels that don't work as of 7/7/2021

0 Kudos
Chelsea1100
Level 7

Jump to solution

Every time that I try to go onto the Netflix channel, it returns me back to my Home Screen. Please help me, I have a 32’ inch roxu tv. 

0 Kudos
pmoss
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having this problem with Britbox. I select the channel, the automatic sign in works but the screen returns to the home screen. I tried to follow your advice but when  I seleect the channel and press the star button the remove channel option does not appear as an option. I've tried to remove the channel from my ROKU account but the remove channel option is not there either.

0 Kudos