Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sem1981
Level 7

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

Jump to solution

Roku TV.   8645X

(Philips) Serial number.   YK00H5516239

Device ID.    1KX00H516239

PrimeVideo version 12.0/build 2021070213

Netflix version 5.0/build 98079419

These are the only ones that I know do this I haven't checked all my channels yet.

Issue ID 39-280-065

0 Kudos
lrdixon16
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sunday, we started having the issue with only Netflix. Monday, Netflix and Amazon Prime were sending us straight back to home. Last night (Tuesday) it was Netflix, Prime, and Apple. Came on the forum and see that people have been having this or similar issues for at least three weeks, on several Roku devices, and I just decided to say to **bleep** with it and go back to a Fire Stick. I am sick of un-installing and reinstalling and all of that. I bought the TCL Roku TV to try to cut back on clutter of multiple devices and remotes. Clearly I shouldn't have.

0 Kudos
ktulloh
Level 7

Roku returns to home screen while streaming

Jump to solution

Hi, we have a Roku Tv model 65s4. Its a couple years old. A month or so ago our tv started stopping mid streaming and going to home screen. It started on Hbo Max and now CNNgo, Netflix and Disney + all play for a few minutes and then drop us and we go back to home screen. Other times the app works fine and it doesn't stop at all. I have removed apps and reinstalled. I have unplugged for an hr and tried again. Today I did what i dreaded most, I reset to factory install. I logged back into everything and what do you know it did it again. I am over this. Please help with a new option versus all the other troubleshooting i have already done and it did not work. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into – this is not what we aim for.

Could you please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information we requested above, we'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
Sussu479_lintu
Level 7

Jump to solution

I too cannot access Netflix, YouTube and Prime. I tried deleting, adding back in turning Roku tv off then on- to no avail. Today is 7/14/21

0 Kudos
Ahhhh
Level 7

Jump to solution

I keep giving all of that information.   I would like for the issue to be resolved now.

0 Kudos
DJ50
Level 7

Jump to solution
  • Your Roku device model 3910RW - Roku Express+
  • Serial Number YGOO6041596 (C5387H041596)
  • Device ID
  • What channels and what version/build are the channels HBO Max, TNT, Paramount+
  • Issue ID (To generate an Issue ID, on your remote, press Home 5x then Back 5x (next to Home) in quick succession, and you'll see an Issue ID pop up on your screen. Let us know what that Issue ID is here). ID 96-281-347
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DJ50 @Ahhhh @Sussu479_lintu 

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

5) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

6) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

7) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ahhhh
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is this possibly because of an update that was done, since it started at the same time for numerous people?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ahhhh wrote:

Is this possibly because of an update that was done, since it started at the same time for numerous people?

Yes - try the workarounds/solutions list.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos