Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harvini
Level 11

Re: Philips | RokuTV Channels crashing

Jump to solution

The first question is whether you have tried either the unplug/reset procedure, or the more extensive cache clear procedure?

0 Kudos
solcell04
Level 7

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

Jump to solution

model: 9102RW Roku Sstreambar

serial# YL008T191163

device id: B11088191163

all channels 

issue id: 63-274-809

0 Kudos
error51
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have made an interesting discovery. I have connected to my TV my old Roku 3 and my New Soundbar. Since the sound bar would constantly return me to the home screen, I have my three connected while trying to occasionally test my Soundbar. I have discovered that if I go into a channel on my Roku 3 and leave it on a channel (does not matter which but I have been testing it with Sling) that I can then go into any channel I want and stream for as long as I want. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work properly when i disconnect the old Roku 3 entirely. It is possible that the other Roku's remote is in too close of a proximity to the other. I will test this as well.

0 Kudos
error51
Level 7

Jump to solution

On a side note, my Roku 3 remote seems to effect my Soundbar when I press the home button but does not do anything else.

0 Kudos
nanabarb52
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, being returned to home screen after selecting Prime Video/Netflix.  Tried remove/restart/add process to no avail. Problem started 7/10/21.

Device model: TCL 43S325 or 8114X Roku TV
Serial No: YK001E442263 or JHA0C1442263
Software Version: 10.0.0. build 4209-48
Device ID: KJA0C1442263
Prime Video: Version 12.0, build 2021070213
Netflix: Version 5.0, build 98079419
Issue ID: 63-276-020

Resolved issue by unplugging TV after removing affected channels.  After 15 mins plugged in TV and added channels, signed in and everything working okay again!

0 Kudos
Ahhhh
Level 7

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

Anything I have it on goes back to the homescreen after 2-3 minutes. Customer service is awful!

Model number:4660RW

Issue ID:47-276-065

Please respond to this

0 Kudos
nanabarb52
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried all of the suggestions including setting theme and screensaver to default.  Finally tried unplugging my Roku TV for 15+minutes.  Was able to sign-in to Prime Video and Netflix and they seem to be working fine now!

0 Kudos
Ahhhh
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, I will give it a try today.  This has been very frustrating, so I'm hoping there is a simple solution. 

0 Kudos
Mimegemy
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having this issue only with HBO max.  I have tried everything you suggested.  I have removed the channel, reloaded it, rebooted roku and done all these multiple times in different orders, and nothing has worked.  HBO Max only works occasionally, most times it crashes and goes back to home screen.

0 Kudos
Finnious
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the Onn. Roku TV  M20133-MT  I get returned to the home screen every time now. Trying to use Netflix,Hulu,Disney+ paramount,peacock. I have followed the steps in removing adding back rebooting. It still keeps happening.

0 Kudos