Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku keeps freezing and going back to home screen

@KillerQueen364

Thanks for the response.

Could you try using a different power adaptor and/or USB cable and see if that will make a difference? Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
manfromnowhere
Level 7

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

🤣 I found a permanent fix too.. ordered an Apple TV 4K. How wonderful it is to not fight with the Roku for 15 minutes to watch our shows. The Roku Premiere is only a few months old but it’s going in the trash. As the other Rokus act up, they’ll be replaced too. We’ve used Rokus for almost ten years now. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Our Apple TV was expensive but your mental health is important too. It’s absurd that now the new fix is to not use the remote.. which btw, I tried on my own and it didn’t fix the problem. Goodbye forever, Roku!

0 Kudos
KillerQueen364
Level 8

I used the USB to power the roku and plugged the USB into the tv instead of the wall. It's still doing it. Tried to get the tracking Id after it did it but that button combo doesn't seem to work on my roku device.

0 Kudos
Beatleschic
Level 7

TCL Roku tv purchased November 2020. Neither remote or phone app working to select a streaming service. Livetv does work. Have rebooted. Uninstalled and reinstalled 3 streaming apps. Nothing worked

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@KillerQueen364

Appreciate the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Yp5
Level 7

My Hisense smart TV keeps freezing the Netflix channel and going back to homescreen. 

Roku TV 8219X

Hisense model 43H4030

Serial number QWS053634434

Software version 10.0.0 build 4214-90

It has been doing it for 2 days now. Please help

[personal information]

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @Yp5

Thanks for reaching out!

Does the issue only occur on Netflix or across other channels installed on your Roku device? If it's just on one channel, removing then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nane
Level 7

Model  3920EU ROKU PREMIER

SM: YH001X855682

IDSmiley Tongue73071855682

Uyanik TV

I have tried rebooting the roku device, uninstalled the channel and installed it.

0 Kudos
Balance776
Level 7

• 4662RW - Roku Ultra LT
  • Serial Number - YJ00CT827331
  • Device ID - 04607C827331
  • Almost all channels affected, However the Xfinity Beta channel is never affected. (Plex, Netflix are the channels that have the most issues)
  • Issue ID 31-417-426
  •  I also will hear the Roku go home randomly, when already sitting at the Home screen. The home sound will chime multiple times in sequence (2-10 time typically)
  • Please find some fix for this. Sometimes this will occur dozens of times in a row, so we en dup watching something 1 min at a time, or just giving up for the night. I paid far too much for this device for it to behave like garbage compared to the other 5-10 year old Rokus I own.
0 Kudos
ewhmlh1972
Level 7

I select Netflix and it says it could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network.  Check network connection and try again. 

Then I am giving a choice of check network  or cancel. When either one is done it brings me back to the Netflix icon

0 Kudos